Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Rocky Long looking to leave SDSU?

I mean as boring as SDSU won with Rocky, the likelihood going forward is they will now lose more frequently in a more exciting fashion. Them's the facts in G5 football. The ceiling has very likely been hit and only likely down goes Aztec football.

6 hours ago, creeper86 said:

I mean as boring as SDSU won with Rocky, the likelihood going forward is they will now lose more frequently in a more exciting fashion. Them's the facts in G5 football. The ceiling has very likely been hit and only likely down goes Aztec football.

Fair comment, yet the Cupboard is full of talent and lots of very good staff will remain. I expect an improvement in the next 3 years- 9 W's (or more in 2020) and (like his last time here as HC) some hot names in important positions coaching wise.

THANK YOU AGAIN (Morons) MICHUOACAN for another Fantastic Coach! (Steve Fisher and Dutch also worked out pretty good)

6 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Unfortunately, I agree. Our ceiling was NY6 Bowl, and we were "close" considering it was possible in November, each of the last five years.

I suspect, we take a few steps back now.

17 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I have already posted my thoughts.  You interpret them very strangely, or you haven't read them and just post what you think Aztec fans are thinking.

Edit:  Just saw your Interests :lol:

If this was a mutual parting of ways then cool. Everything I had read before yesterday was that Rocky was at odds with SDSU so my comments reflected that. I've always been a huge fan of Rocky so I'm sorry to see him leave the conference. Cheers! 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

On 1/8/2020 at 10:24 AM, TheDoggFather said:

Let's see how good Hoke is without Rocky as his DC

Certainly a better coach than you were at predicting what would happen at the presser.

Boom goes the dynamite.

11 hours ago, creeper86 said:

BS. The likelihood is that we'll give up ~5 more ppg while scoring 7-10 more ppg.

But just keep on being envious of SDSU. You may not have any other attributes but you're really good at that.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

BS. The likelihood is that we'll give up ~5 more ppg while scoring 7-10 more ppg.

But just keep on being envious of SDSU. You may not have any other attributes but you're really good at that.

OK.  All knowing has spoken.

Yea, ridiculous to think you've pretty much hit the top over the last decade, and that the recycle coach will turn out 10 win seasons every year. Again, you'll become more exciting, but likely lose more games, counselor.

"Don't know what you got til it's gone."

There will be little or no dropo ff with Arnett at DC he has been with Rocky for 15 years now counting his playing days. The drop offs and ups will be year by year talent of course. "Recycle Coach" you sound like the genius that used to be on Aztectalk who used to call Rocky, Retread Rocky. Next year we lose a first team linebacker,first team, DE and first team CB so maybe some drop off. However ,there are even more talented guys in the wings. Brady Hoke is a tremendous recruiter so there will be plenty of talent. yeah you can win ten games a year at SDSU  not a problem. Accept for Boise State it has by far the greatest potential in the conference. Maybe you should listen to Rocky. bY the way "Recycle Coach" is  not an argument just an ad hominem

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1248-costa-richards-30808025/episode/rocky-long-55362076/

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

1 hour ago, creeper86 said:

OK.  All knowing has spoken.

Yea, ridiculous to think you've pretty much hit the top over the last decade, and that the recycle coach will turn out 10 win seasons every year. Again, you'll become more exciting, but likely lose more games, counselor.

"Don't know what you got til it's gone."

Be serious.  How many Bottom 10 teams have we had in this conference?