Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Rocky Long looking to leave SDSU?

13 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Holy shit. 

Wants to take a step back, maybe?  Get back to what he truly loves?

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

Babers and Rocky could be a good duo in the ACC.  

Shot in the dark on my part, but I wonder if he is tired of all of the criticism and feels a little under appreciated again.  Part of that might be he is tired of trying to run his old school overall philosophy in today's college football landscape and doesn't feel people respect it.  It might be more enjoyable for him to go run a defense and let someone else figure out the offense and deal with the media.  

Honestly, I think it could be a good move for SDSU, especially if Hoke takes over again and can bring in a better OC while keeping the defense respectable.  

Long does seem like a guy who just wants to get on the field and coach and not deal with all the things the head coach has to deal with.

That said, l figured he would just retire, and Hoke would be handed the reins.

9 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

Have seen his name and Arnett’s on an SC DC thread on a Trojan board. Would love to see what he could do w elite talent.

Rocky would be a great get for Helton for a lot of reasons.  Great DC but also a seasoned coach who could help him along the way among others.

Ya know, there’s a .000000000000001% chance of it happening, but he fits right in with the mindset Norvell is trying to instill…

Plus, he’s the mastermind of our current defense.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

8 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

$872,576 after last extension. I looked it up.

Yeah, a mid-tier P5 could swing him as a DC if they sweettalked a few donors.   Indiana stole Deboer from us with 800k..