Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

OT: 2019-2020 NFL Playoffs Thread

57 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Not sure if @Joe from WY will agree but I’ve actually never been more proud to be a 12. This Seahawks team overachieved given some of the obvious gaps going into the season. I am optimistic about the future, the foundation is there and now is the time to better the o line and add depth.

Mark my words, Pete and Russ will win another Super Bowl together in Seattle. Book it. 

I agree 100%. It was a hell of a season. I figured they'd go 9-7 and they wildly exceeded my expectations. The future is bright. I'd honestly try to draft some defensive stud in the 1st Round and get OL in later rounds, but that's me. Someone like CJ Henderson would be a great addition to the Seattle defense IMO.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Not sure if @Joe from WY will agree but I’ve actually never been more proud to be a 12. This Seahawks team overachieved given some of the obvious gaps going into the season. I am optimistic about the future, the foundation is there and now is the time to better the o line and add depth.

Mark my words, Pete and Russ will win another Super Bowl together in Seattle. Book it. 

I'll give you my opinion as a NINERS fan.

I had to make myself root for GB because THE LAST thing I wanted to have happen was to have to play Seattle again, for obvious reasons. But shit I could not do it. My wife was laughing at me when halfway through the game I started cheering you guys on because the Packers SUCK, and because I just respect that damn team way too much. Fighting through so many injuries, Russel Wilson is just a stud, Beast Mode making that come back and probably cementing an argument for HOF inclusion. Just too much to list.

I hope we +++++ing ride roughshod over Green Bay next week.

I used to be pretty neutral on Aaron Rodgers, but that guy seems like such a huge prick to me. Hopefully we keep him contained and move on.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

I had to make myself root for GB because THE LAST thing I wanted to have happen was to have to play Seattle again, for obvious reasons. But shit I could not do it. My wife was laughing at me when halfway through the game I started cheering you guys on because the Packers SUCK, and because I just respect that damn team way too much. Fighting through so many injuries, Russel Wilson is just a stud, Beast Mode making that come back and probably cementing an argument for HOF inclusion. Just too much to list.

I used to be pretty neutral on Aaron Rodgers, but that guy seems like such a huge prick to me. Hopefully we keep him contained and move on.

Thanks hoss. Although a rival, I’m rooting for the Niners next week. I can’t stand that ++++gurgler Rodgers and hope that Bosa breaks him in half. I believe SF will curbstomp GB. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I’ll have to disagree here about Lynch.  Watching him flop around like an overweight coy fish getting about 2 yards a carry was embarrassing. A totally desperate move by Seattle to bring this overweight has been back.

He was still decent in goal line situations but that’s about it. 

5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

What do you think of Wilson's contract?  Unless there is a large increase in cap space I think it hinders them getting another title. 

Idiot Texans screw the pooch yet again.  What a bunch of retards. 

Likely it will be SF v KC in a different Super Bowl.  However, if Nashville manages to KO KC next weekend, I'm in it for Former Oilers. 

Super glad NE is finally out of the picture. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

5 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Idiot Texans screw the pooch yet again.  What a bunch of retards. 

Likely it will be SF v KC in a different Super Bowl.  However, if Nashville manages to KO KC next weekend, I'm in it for Former Oilers. 

Super glad NE is finally out of the picture. 

Not going for it on the 4th with a 1/2 yard was completely idiotic. Bill O'Brien has the most athletic QB in the league aside Lamar Jackson and he didn't believe he could get 1/2 a phucking yard. That was the kill shot and Bill blinked.   

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

I had inadvertent False Giddyness first quarter yesterday.  27-zip at Arrowhead.  And then, as usual, the wheels came off in Idiot Texans land.  Fortunately Hometown has Stros and Rockets with a bit of Peach Bowl winner UH over Florida State for some sort of football giddy in Houston sports world.  UH hoops not too shabby.  I suppose my Hometown is only wonderful in long ball (baseball) and Hoops.  Which is fine.  Rockets and Coogs do their part for the latter.  Peach Bowl was a one-off.  No wait.  Coog football won 2 of its 4 Cotton Bowls back in the day.  Yawn.

Idiot Texans.  I really, really thought Former Oilers would be hosted up at NRG next Sunday after Nashville's kick butt in Baltimore day before.  Nope.  Idiot Texans blew it. As usual.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

47 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

What do you think of Wilson's contract?  Unless there is a large increase in cap space I think it hinders them getting another title. 

I love it. I wouldn’t want any other quarterback. The Seahawks are almost there. A little added depth on the o line and perhaps resigning Clowney at a discount and this team can go all the way.  Fant and Ifedi are replaceable and Ifedi can probably be upgraded through the draft.

29 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I love it. I wouldn’t want any other quarterback. The Seahawks are almost there. A little added depth on the o line and perhaps resigning Clowney at a discount and this team can go all the way.  Fant and Ifedi are replaceable and Ifedi can probably be upgraded through the draft.

I think Wilson is a hell of a QB, but they pay QBs too much money in the NFL.  If the Chiefs pay Mahomes $40 million per like is speculated, I see the Chiefs getting into cap trouble before too long as well.  Same as the Cowboys if they pay Dak around $30 million per.  I'm a fan of build a good team around a rookie QB deal.  Goff is another QB contract that will come back to hurt the Rams.  Mainly because he isn't worth what he is paid.  Dak probably too.  

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

I think Wilson is a hell of a QB, but they pay QBs too much money in the NFL.  If the Chiefs pay Mahomes $40 million per like is speculated, I see the Chiefs getting into cap trouble before too long as well.  Same as the Cowboys if they pay Dak around $30 million per.  I'm a fan of build a good team around a rookie QB deal.  Goff is another QB contract that will come back to hurt the Rams.  Mainly because he isn't worth what he is paid.  Dak probably too.  

With all due respect, I disagree. Wilson is such a weapon that you can shuffle running backs and and receivers. He almost took a team with a patchwork offensive line and two running backs who were in street clothes a few weeks ago to the NFC Championship game. He brings a dimension to the game that can only be matched by Jackson and Mahomes. I don’t put Watson in that same category. 

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

With all due respect, I disagree. Wilson is such a weapon that you can shuffle running backs and and receivers. He almost took a team with a patchwork offensive line and two running backs who were on street clothes to the NFC Championship game. He brings a dimension to the game that can only be matched by Jackson and Mahomes. I don’t put Watson in that same category. 

He had no OL whatsoever.  It won't go down in the history books but Wilson was masterful this year. 

1 hour ago, JADogs05 said:

He had no OL whatsoever.  It won't go down in the history books but Wilson was masterful this year. 

That where it gets tough for me.  With a QB making so much, can you pay for his OL, weapons to get the ball to, and then a defense as well?

7 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

You have to pay the qb. You have no choice. You either have a franchise qb and compete every year or you don’t and hope desperately that some 21-23-year-old college kid will save you. Once you pay him, as you say, you don’t have much $ for oline, weapons, and defense. You have to hope that he develops into the kind of player who can put the team on his back. There aren’t many of those, but if you find one, you will be great for as long as he is. If not, blow it up and start looking all over again. 

As a fan, it kind of sucks that one position has such an outsize impact on what is supposed to be a team sport, but unless you want to go back to leather helmets and the single wing, this is the natural evolution of modern pro football.