Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Shakur Juiston

4 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I know I’ve trolled a lot on here, but I genuinely don’t think he’d help.  The only player I wish Otzelberger could’ve kept who left is Joel Ntambwe.  He is the only who would’ve made a difference this year IMO.  Buckley would’ve made his jump shot even better and he’d provide much better spacing than Tillman.

The defection of Ntambwe brings on bad thoughts... F Chris Beard!!!!

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

2 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

The defection of Ntambwe brings on bad thoughts... F Chris Beard!!!!

Yep.  Still cant believe those two were all pissy because Otz wouldnt lie to the ncaa waiver board to let him play this year.

36 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I know I’ve trolled a lot on here, but I genuinely don’t think he’d help.  The only player I wish Otzelberger could’ve kept who left is Joel Ntambwe.  He is the only who would’ve made a difference this year IMO.  Buckley would’ve made his jump shot even better and he’d provide much better spacing than Tillman.

Well, it's a take. I'll give you that.

I'd be curious to hear what other Rebels think - @4UNLV@UNLV2001, @SharkTanked, @quickdraw@Ernie Baer, @Rebels18, @toonkee, @BleedRebelRed, any of you want to weigh in?

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I'd be curious to hear what other Rebels think - @4UNLV@UNLV2001, @SharkTanked, @quickdraw@Ernie Baer, @Rebels18, @toonkee, @BleedRebelRed, any of you want to way in?

I would love to have Juis back this year. Nobody rebounded better than he, and he was a great team player.

Besides that, he's a nice guy. @toonkee and I saw him help an older couple to their seats during the MW tournament last year.

16 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I'd be curious to hear what other Rebels think - @4UNLV@UNLV2001, @SharkTanked, @quickdraw@Ernie Baer, @Rebels18, @toonkee, @BleedRebelRed, any of you want to way in?

I think you'd have to be nuts to think Juiston leaving is a net positive. We're playing with two guys that were walk-ons last year. TJ is getting max value out of the current players right now. We might be contenders with Juiston and Ntambwe provided they bought in. Same with JTT.

23 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

It's retarded to think we couldn't have used a guy that would comfortably average atleast 10+ ppg and 8+ rpg per game in the MWC. Although they're improving, UNLV led the NCAA in missed lay-ups and when healthy his first season for us he shot an insane 64% from the field. He was a junkyard dog rebounding the ball and attacking the rim and would've been the perfect player to buy-in to TJ's high effort philosophy we've seen the last few games. His production fell off a bit in Oregon, but they're loaded this year and we're not.

UNLV can only reliably go 7-8 men deep with several guys like Dembele, Shibel, and Green who aren't D1 caliber players and Blair and Coleman were walk-on D1 guys. UNLV is as thirsty for depth as @ph90702 is for poon, so we could desperately use some Juice. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

I know how high we were on the guy. I watched enough of him on the court to know I would have freakin' loved to see him suit up in black and red. I get what ph is saying about the importance of fit, but that cat screams upside regardless of the system you put him in IMO.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

I agree...

ph has trolled a lot on here

6 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I know how high we were on the guy. I watched enough of him on the court to know I would have freakin' loved to see him suit up in black and red. I get what ph is saying about the importance of fit, but that cat such screams upside regardless of the system you put him in IMO.

No lie, his philosphy was 'every rebound is mine', and was ticked if he didn't get one.

So I'm getting the distinct impression ph is in a minority of one in thinking you guys are somehow better off without him.

@ph90702, in the presence of overwhelming feedback contrary to your POV, have you considered reevaluating it, or are you going to just dig your heels further in this dipshittery?

2 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

So I'm getting the distinct impression ph is in a minority of one in thinking you guys are somehow better off without him.

@ph90702, in the presence of overwhelming feedback contrary to your POV, have you considered reevaluating it, or are you going to just dig your heels further in this dipshittery?

That’s a cognitive bias.  I can’t find the name, but you’re basically that I should evaluate my opinion because the majority of people disagree.  Not really an argument.

The Catholic Church killed people who disagreed with them.  They were in the minority.  How did that work?

23 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

That’s a cognitive bias.  I can’t find the name, but you’re basically that I should evaluate my opinion because the majority of people disagree.  Not really an argument.

The Catholic Church killed people who disagreed with them.  They were in the minority.  How did that work?

Negative. What I'm asking is in the overwhelming abundance of well-qualified opinions to the contrary, do you have a well-enough developed psychological sense of 'other' to then ask yourself if maybe your certitude is misplaced?

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

I think you'd have to be nuts to think Juiston leaving is a net positive. We're playing with two guys that were walk-ons last year. TJ is getting max value out of the current players right now. We might be contenders with Juiston and Ntambwe provided they bought in. Same with JTT.

Juiston is a great rebounder, a solid defender, and an above average passer for a post player.  Any team can use a player like that. Particularly with role players the box score doesn't tell the whole story of a player's value. 

JTT is also a great rebounder, highly athletic with a 7'2 wingspan.  As soon as Menzies was out, Nebraska and Baylor wanted him and it will be interesting to see him develop at Baylor the next few years.  Like Ntambwe, Otz recruited JTT to stay so he also wasn't released early and had to sit this season out.

19 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I'd be curious to hear what other Rebels think - @4UNLV@UNLV2001, @SharkTanked, @quickdraw@Ernie Baer, @Rebels18, @toonkee, @BleedRebelRed, any of you want to weigh in?

I'd take Juiston back and also I thought Ntambwe was a big loss - Juiston would have been a nice rebounder and defensive post presence .............Joel NT might have been a solid player in TJO's system 

Tillman (IMO) has been less than I was expecting (so far overall), so in that light the loss of Juiston & Joel NT are more glaring 

21 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I definitely would want Juiston back. He is an elite rebounder and great defensive presence in the post.