Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Shakur Juiston

I like to make fun of guys who could have played college ball at UNLV rather than SDSU where they could have actually LEARNED how to properly play the game rather than being schooled in hero ball. Juiston is one such guy.

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 hours ago, ph90702 said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/shakur-juiston-1.html

I like to follow former Rebels and other former MW players.

Based on the numbers, he’s gotten worse every year.  One year wonder.

Last season he tore his meniscus at the beginning of the season and had to have knee surgery.

Originally last year was his senior year and he should be done with college ball.  The injury waiver allowed him back this season.

This season he had a serious leg injury against UNC in late November and it was questionable if he would return this season.  This is his first week back.

5 hours ago, ph90702 said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/shakur-juiston-1.html

I like to follow former Rebels and other former MW players.

Based on the numbers, he’s gotten worse every year.  One year wonder.

Are you high? The Ducks run a four guard offense where each of the other starters are averaging double figures. Just because they're not running the offense through him doesn't mean he's regressed.

He's a starter on a top 5 team ffs. LOL@TUNLVF.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

9 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Are you high? The Ducks run a four guard offense where each of the other starters are averaging double figures. Just because they're not running the offense through him doesn't mean he's regressed.

Hey, ph is on a level all his own.

9 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

That supports my argument even more.  Not only are his numbers down (understandable), but his efficiency is also down.  He’s not even good as a Robin anymore.

16 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I like to make fun of guys who could have played college ball at UNLV rather than SDSU where they could have actually LEARNED how to properly play the game rather than being schooled in hero ball. Juiston is one such guy.

Juiston is anything but a me first, hero ball kinda guy.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

That supports my argument even more.  Not only are his numbers down (understandable), but his efficiency is also down.  He’s not even good as a Robin anymore.

Yes, what an idiot he is for transferring to a winning program and giving them a chance to make a deep run in March. :rolleyes: Your comments espouse so much of what is so wrong about a significant proportion of your fan base.

22 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Yes, what an idiot he is for transferring to a winning program and giving them a chance to make a deep run in March. :rolleyes: Your comments espouse so much of what is so wrong about a significant proportion of your fan base.

Nice job of changing the subject, but I’m going to call you out for doing that.  The subject is that his efficiency is down even further.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Nice job of changing the subject, but I’m going to call you out for doing that.  The subject is that his efficiency is down even further.

Fair enough. The initial stat line you provided does include his efficiency rating, which has indeed dropped a whopping 35%.

I would nonetheless counter that the Duck's season/progress is what matters the most, and in that regard, he's a part of a season with (far) greater upside than he would have been had he stayed in LV.

Maybe he was comfortable being a smaller (and less efficient) fish in the proverbial deeper pond? :shrug: 

Given the choice of more PT in a brand-new system under an unproven HC or playing for a P5 squad with a chance to make a run at the Elite 8 or beyond, which would you choose? Horses for courses, and all that.

42 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Fair enough. The initial stat line you provided does include his efficiency rating, which has indeed dropped a whopping 35%.

I would nonetheless counter that the Duck's season/progress is what matters the most, and in that regard, he's a part of a season with (far) greater upside than he would have been had he stayed in LV.

Maybe he was comfortable being a smaller (and less efficient) fish in the proverbial deeper pond? :shrug: 

Given the choice of more PT in a brand-new system under an unproven HC or playing for a P5 squad with a chance to make a run at the Elite 8 or beyond, which would you choose? Horses for courses, and all that.

Team is definitely more important than individual stats.  I personally don’t miss him because he’s a terrible fit for Otzelberger’s system.

52 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Team is definitely more important than individual stats.  I personally don’t miss him because he’s a terrible fit for Otzelberger’s system.

Team is more important and if you don't believe your team would be better with him, you're lying to yourself.

Shakur would have been a good addition to our team. Tillman is much the same type of player. Having both would have been great but I can understand that with only 1 year of eligibility remaining he wanted to maximize his exposure. I wish him well and could care less what he does at Oregon.

29 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Shakur would have been a good addition to our team. Tillman is much the same type of player. Having both would have been great but I can understand that with only 1 year of eligibility remaining he wanted to maximize his exposure. I wish him well and could care less what he does at Oregon.

Tillman and Juiston aren’t similar. Tillman has a higher skill level.

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Honest answer, please... do you really not think you guys would be better off had he stayed?

I agree with you about fit (in general), but just as his numbers have regressed at Oregon, they've regressed to help elevate a system for which he is not a natural fit, either.

29 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Honest answer, please... do you really not think you guys would be better off had he stayed?

I agree with you about fit (in general), but just as his numbers have regressed at Oregon, they've regressed to help elevate a system for which he is not a natural fit, either.

I know I’ve trolled a lot on here, but I genuinely don’t think he’d help.  The only player I wish Otzelberger could’ve kept who left is Joel Ntambwe.  He is the only who would’ve made a difference this year IMO.  Buckley would’ve made his jump shot even better and he’d provide much better spacing than Tillman.