Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slappy

Greatest MW QB Ever

3 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

The new blind-side block rule is lame. That was a weak-ass call on Buffalo. Without it, they may have won on a long field goal.

Agreed 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, Dimwhit said:

The new blind-side block rule is lame. That was a weak-ass call on Buffalo. Without it, they may have won on a long field goal.

It's a good rule.  I'm not the biggest fan of it, but football needs it.

15 minutes ago, Bob said:

Well the game  was lost on the play where Josh ran it and he would have run for 20 yards but TWO bills blockers just let some texan him run by and he got killed. Unbelievable. 

That blocking effort might warrant a cut in the offseason - really bad, especially in that situation. JA did more than enough to enable a playoff win on the road, but that was a total team meltdown. I’d say year 2 was an major improvement for him and year 3 will bring some playoff win(s). 

Just now, Headbutt said:

It's a good rule.  I'm not the biggest fan of it, but football needs it.

In some cases, sure. But in this case, the blocker was almost face-to-face on the block. And he didn't even hit him hard. The rule is being used to make too many bad calls.

26 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

In some cases, sure. But in this case, the blocker was almost face-to-face on the block. And he didn't even hit him hard. The rule is being used to make too many bad calls.

"Almost".  Actually, it wasn't really that close but should have let it go.  I think the thing that got them was that it was behind the play and therefore deemed unnecessary.  I think it met the letter of the law for the rule, but was hardly the type of block that the rule was designed to stop.

Every time we give the refs a new judgement call to make, we screw with their ability to call a good game.  Unfortunately, these things have to happen.