Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Wyoming@CSU - Border War at 11:00AM Today

WTF Mountain West.

Scheduling a hoops game at 11AM, a time normally reserved for 10-year-olds?

Is this is signal to the two programs that they are youth level?

Or is it an accommodation to Poke fans to allow them to spend their entire afternoon in Timnath at the Costco and Walmart SuperCenter?

8 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

WTF Mountain West.

Or is it an accommodation to Poke fans to allow them to spend their entire afternoon in Timnath at the Costco and Walmart SuperCenter?

We got our own Walmart pal!! Haha. Man this game is going to be crappy. I’m guessing Rammies by 10

tetons1.jpg

11 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

WTF Mountain West.

Well, one is.  

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

5 minutes ago, SLCPoke said:

We got our own Walmart pal!! Haha. Man this game is going to be crappy. I’m guessing Rammies by 10

Costco is the ice cream sundae to Poke fans. Walmart across the street is the cherry on top.

As for the game, who the heck knows.  I think CSU is better but you never know in these things. 

Usually I run into my buddy Tim Hunt at these games. He played on that WYO Dembo team.  But I fear that 11:00AM is a little too early a start for Tim.

18 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Second-to-final nail in Edwards' Wyoming career coffin.

The players are lost on the court.  And its not like they’re bad players individually. They just cant get 5 guys on the same page.  That’s coaching.

34 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

The players are lost on the court.  And its not like they’re bad players individually. They just cant get 5 guys on the same page.  That’s coaching.

I'm not down on the players but other than Maldonado there isn't a single player on Wyomings roster that should be a D1 starter.  It's a total failure to recruit on the part of Edwards and his staff.  Better coaching could make them better.  I do not doubt this at all.  The fact still remains, regardless of coaching these kids are not D1 starters.

23 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I'm not down on the players but other than Maldonado there isn't a single player on Wyomings roster that should be a D1 starter.  It's a total failure to recruit on the part of Edwards and his staff.  Better coaching could make them better.  I do not doubt this at all.  The fact still remains, regardless of coaching these kids are not D1 starters.

I honestly dont think they’re that bad.  But they definitely dont have a guard that can run the offense. Banks is not a good enough ball handler/passer.  Maldonado is forced into the role just like Justin James was last season and Maldonado is not at James’ level.  Pokes never should have run Cody Kelley out of Laramie.  He wasnt great but he would have helped them both this year and last year.

7 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

WTF Mountain West.

9am tip here in Anchorage.  I wasn't awake until deep into the 2nd-1/2.  :-(

7 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

...& a Flying J instead of a Costco:  Laramie Lifestyle 

11 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Allen Edwards may go down as the worst head coach in the history of Wyoming basketball. It’s truly pathetic. 

May?

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."