Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ltcpilot

Air Force vs UNLV

1 hour ago, Cheek Patch said:

This team is turning into a pretty good defensive one

The defensive intensity the past couple of games has been great.  Feet are moving, guys taking charges, diving on the floor for loose balls. 

Held the last three opponents to 38% or below from both the field and three point line.

Now off to the road where great defense is even going to be more critical.

16 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Your coach’s gut check a few weeks ago has been really effective. Gotta tip a cap to him, it looked like it might go full dumpster fire in year one for a minute.

Speeches are great and all but more than anything is Otzelberger is holding players accountable thus far.  Haven’t seen that since Kruger departed.

2 minutes ago, Ernie Baer said:

Speeches are great and all but more than anything is Otzelberger is holding players accountable thus far.  Haven’t seen that since Kruger departed.

The fact that he held Tillman out for the entire game speaks volumes in that he is not going to tolerate anything. I'm so happy to see that, it's long overdue.

5 minutes ago, Cheek Patch said:

I hope he’s not out for long though, because we can really use him

We DO need him, but he has to show up on time. TJ just said they'll move past it quickly. IIRC it wasn't the first time he's been late.

14 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

We DO need him, but he has to show up on time. TJ just said they'll move past it quickly. IIRC it wasn't the first time he's been late.

Hard to see him coming back next year.  He doesn’t seem serious.

As stated previously and it has been showing since then, this team has much more talent than they had shown. The more they buy in the more it shows. This entire staff is doing a great job!

On 12/28/2019 at 3:19 PM, quickdraw said:

This team has much more talent than what they have shown. Everybody needs to buy in to TJ‘s system and show a little faith because without that it’ll just be another ugly year. 

57 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Hard to see him coming back next year.  He doesn’t seem serious.

Casual people become casualties. I don’t see that with Donnie. All of these guys want to play and he has shown his intensity. He is just learning what it takes to be part of a winning team. I am very happy to see every member of this squad being held accountable for their actions and attitude as Rebels. I believe that he knows that he is letting his teammates down and will step up. He will be a force at BSU.

Started 3-0 last season too. So not going to get overly excited right now. Especially since the mountain is worse. Its so bad UNLV sort of feels like a live wire for the mwc tournament, for now. TJ would reach cult hero status if he pulled that off.

It does seem like a different 3-0, but no way to tell what this team continues to do.

Im not sure Jay Green should not continue to get minutes.