Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ltcpilot

Air Force vs UNLV

26 minutes ago, toonkee said:

He must be a little hurt. Dressed for emergency only. If he was in trouble I imagine he's just be in sweats?

When asked if Tillman would play in the second half, TJ said 'don't know yet'. and now

21 minutes ago, Cheek Patch said:

This team is turning into a pretty good defensive one

It's one of the most pleasant surprises for me. Coming in TJ wasn't known as a good defensive coach and possibly a poor one. I love how they are trapping occasionally, reminds me of Kruger's teams. More than that, everyone is moving their arms, going after loose balls, closing out quickly, giving maximum effort. After their hot start AFA's good offense has looked deer in the headlights.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

20 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

It's one of the most pleasant surprises for me. Coming in TJ wasn't known as a good defensive coach and possibly a poor one. I love how they are trapping occasionally, reminds me of Kruger's teams. More than that, everyone is moving their arms, going after loose balls, closing out quickly, giving maximum effort. After their hot start AFA's good offense has looked deer in the headlights.

It’s not surprising that they weren’t great defensively.  I said from the time he was hired that he had poor defensive teams because there was almost no athleticism.  Mike Daum was his center, for instance.  He’s NOT a rim protector.

By having UNLV’s athletes as opposed to South Dakota State, that alone makes a big difference.

23 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

Maybe Kevin's influence..

3 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

It’s not surprising that they weren’t great defensively.  I said from the time he was hired that he had poor defensive teams because there was almost no athleticism.  Mike Daum was his center, for instance.  He’s NOT a rim protector.

By having UNLV’s athletes as opposed to South Dakota State, that alone makes a big difference.

Having a Diong protecting the rim makes a significant difference. 

3 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

First few minutes were sketchy, glad to see the team has buckled down and keep playing hard. 

It’s great to see the growth of Hamilton the last few games. 

Hamilton has stepped up - Up to about 5 games ago, I wasn't sure if losing Hamilton would be noticed