Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

SDSU at USU

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

FWIW we will be missing our best rim protector as well, so these factors offset somewhat. In watching Queta on the floor, he's not playing anywhere near his level last season from the limited sample size I've seen. Tough situation to be in for someone projected to be a high draft pick - a knee injury has repercussions that could affect his entire professional playing career, and he has to decide to what degree to risk further injury while in college. 

I do not know if he is that valuable to a pro team with his knee, he needs to show them that he is recovered. I think he should leave if he gets any pro offer Europe or here after this season.

I have no feel for how this game will go. I will watch, hope, and be very happy if the Aztecs win. The Aztecs have not been shooting well in three conference games and the last two home games using the new ball, but Utah state is only shooting 18% from Deep while using the new ball. I would feel a lot better about this game if we had available either of our missing two big men.

I can't wait to see the game. 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised at those thinking USU will come out and look like a different team than they have been all season. The Aggies are just so beat up at this point that I dont see a path to a win in this one. Queta has appeared in like 3 games and has had 1 decent contribution all season. He is mentally not ready to trust his knee and he plays like it is hurting him something awful. Merrill and Brito have played for weeks now on severely sprained ankles and Porter is not 100% either. Queta's backup is still recovering from an emergency appendectomy so they're down ti a 3rd string walkon at the 5. When Bean is your healthiest guy and he has had a broken face and emergency oral surgery after having two teeth knocked out in separate incidents this year you know it's been rough.

Until this team can get healthy they will continue to struggle. They can't hit a shot to save their lives right now and nearly all nicked up players struggling at both ends.

I'm really surprised how many in this thread are picking the Aggies to win. SDSU is undefeated but not favored and lost a couple of tough games to USU last year - they're going to come out pissed. Queta's injury hurts our rim and 3-point defense, Merrill and Brito are noticeably hobbled, and Anderson hasn't been able to pick up the slack in weeks. We've snuck out some close games against inferior teams, but the Aztecs are clearly the better team right now. SDSU by 12-15. 

1 hour ago, mondego said:

I'm really surprised how many in this thread are picking the Aggies to win. SDSU is undefeated but not favored and lost a couple of tough games to USU last year - they're going to come out pissed. Queta's injury hurts our rim and 3-point defense, Merrill and Brito are noticeably hobbled, and Anderson hasn't been able to pick up the slack in weeks. We've snuck out some close games against inferior teams, but the Aztecs are clearly the better team right now. SDSU by 12-15. 

Your white boys with tight shorts should win this game. Powder and his teamates should muster this win...

2 hours ago, PackNation said:

Current line at William Hill and Pregame is USU up to -3

I wouldn't be surprised to see that come up another point or two (USU -4.5) before tip.

I can't wait to watch Flynn and Merrill matched up tonight.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

SDSU is legit 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater