Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Break out the watercolors — Albertsons Stadium is getting a facelift!

3 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Last I checked, ALL of Laradise is in Albany County.

Laramie population in 1990 = 26,687
Albany County population in 1990 = 30,797

Laramie population today = 32,473
Albany County population today = 38,601

Exactly what I typed above. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Sorry, but Boise doesn't compete with Jackson for food. From The Bird to Snake River Grill, the quality of food in Jackson is on a whole different tier than Boise. Hell, Dornan's, in Moose, has a wine list that nothing in Idaho can match.

Don't get me wrong, Boise does have some damn good food- Teatro, Fork, Goldy's, Chandler's, West Side Drive Inn (gotta love Prime Rib at a drive-up) are all good food, but serious cheffery has yet to find Boise.

I’ve been to the Snake River Grill, food was great - experience left more to be desired. 

You’re skipping out on quite a few other great eats...Juniper, Saint Lawrence Gridiron, Barbacoa (can be a little for the Gram-ish, but the hot rock filet and other menu items make up for it), Red Feather, Real Foods Fish Market (amazing oyster bar and fresh sushi as well as many other items, and I’m not even going to bother diving into the Basque district options. 

I’ll take Boise over Jackson any day of the week.  

Just now, Bob said:

Laramie is a nice little town. Little. Most Boise fans come from CA so their biases won't let them see that a little town can be a good thing. Laramie's great place to raise a family and go to college. Not crowded, but still has a lot of culture and a lot of awesome shit to do if you like the outdoors. Fun little downtown. If one can't see the value in that then +++++ them. The weather keeps people out, and good thing for that, or Laramie would be overrun in short order and would be ruined like so many once-great places. 

That wasn't the question. Sounds like you indirectly answered it however by indicating that it's a smaller rural college town as opposed to the next Silicon Valley like CJ was. 

6 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Laramie population in 1990 = 26,687
Albany County population in 1990 = 30,797

Laramie population today = 32,473
Albany County population today = 38,601

Exactly what I typed above. 

Mea culpa. Somehow I missed that last number.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Just now, Wyovanian said:

Mea culpa. Somehow I missed that last number.

No worries. I probably should have line itemed the numbers to make it easier to read .. I can see how they got lost in that paragraph. 

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

All this to day that the population growth over the past 30 years has been significantly higher in Bozeman and I don’t believe that can be attributed to its proximity to Livingston. Laramie is a neat college town but I don’t think it will ever be more than that. I could be wrong. 

Bozeman has sucked the life out of Livingston, it will likely be a ghost town in 20 years. 

Bozeman is a tourist destination, the gateway to Big Sky and YNP, Southern Wyoming is the gateway to getting the fck out of the state as fast as humanly possible via car whether it be to Nebraska or Utah.  

Just now, Bob said:

You are correct. And I pray that it stays that way and probably will due to the weather. 

BTW, my uncle is a podiatrist in Bozeman and has lived there for the past 35 years and he can't wait to retire and gtfo. Bozeman used to be a nice place. It's completely overrun with hippies now. Things have changed 180 degrees there. It's sad really. Most Boise fans probably thing the changes there are "cool". 

Well, when it comes to excessive growth and culture change of smaller cities out West, you and I probably have a lot in common Bob. While  like some of the change growth has brought to Boise, I also hate a lot of it. It pains me to see all the rural farms disappearing in the Treasure Valley. 

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

You are correct. And I pray that it stays that way and probably will due to the weather. 

BTW, my uncle is a podiatrist in Bozeman and has lived there for the past 35 years and he can't wait to retire and gtfo. Bozeman used to be a nice place. It's completely overrun with hippies now. Things have changed 180 degrees there. It's sad really. Most Boise fans probably thing the changes there are "cool". 

He’d likely enjoy Ennis, great little fishing town.  

2 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Bozeman has sucked the life out of Livingston, it will likely be a ghost town in 20 years. 

Bozeman is a tourist destination, the gateway to Big Sky and YNP, Southern Wyoming is the gateway to getting the fck out of the state as fast as humanly possible via car whether it be to Nebraska or Utah.  

Don't be too snobby. You might end up as mayor of Little America someday. 

8 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

So, you're claiming Bozeman sees more visitors than Jackson? Which is THE gateway town to both YNP and TNP. Bozeman became a more affordable alternative to Jackson as a place to live. That was a big reason for its growth. Close, but not quite the real thing.

Another weird thing- there sure are shloads of Nebraska, Utah, and Colorado plates in Southern Wyoming...

23 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

I’ve been to the Snake River Grill, food was great - experience left more to be desired. 

You’re skipping out on quite a few other great eats...Juniper, Saint Lawrence Gridiron, Barbacoa (can be a little for the Gram-ish, but the hot rock filet and other menu items make up for it), Red Feather, Real Foods Fish Market (amazing oyster bar and fresh sushi as well as many other items, and I’m not even going to bother diving into the Basque district options. 

I’ll take Boise over Jackson any day of the week.  

If you live in downtown Chicago, I'd guess you have a notion of what world class food and dining is. Nothing in Boise comes close to SRG, The Granary, Grill at Amangani, Buffalo Club, Blue Lion, West Bank, Trio... These are places that count world leaders and A-list celebrities as regular clientele. I won't even get into the private chef catering and private club thing. It isn't exactly hard to get a parking spot for a G5 in Boise...

14 minutes ago, Bob said:

Not to sound too spoiled, but I was at the family cabin in the Snowys yesterday. We were x-country skiing, snowshoeing, sledding, digging snow forts and after my kind were tired out they took a nap by the fire and I went out with my dad and was shredding power up to my neck on 2016 Polaris RMKs. I have a 600 w/ a 155 track and he's got the 800 with the same track. We did not see another soul up there. Incredible! Btw, it takes less than an hour doorstep to doorstep. This is the value of living in Laramie. You put up with some things to get some things in life.    

I'm not knocking Laramie, never been there and don't really understand any of this argument about Bozeman, Jackson, Boise, Laramie, but you can get the experience you describe within an hour and a half from Boise very easily. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

16 minutes ago, Bob said:

Not to sound too spoiled, but I was at the family cabin in the Snowys yesterday. We were x-country skiing, snowshoeing, sledding, digging snow forts and after my kids were tired out they took a nap by the fire and I went out with my dad and was shredding power up to my neck on 2016 Polaris RMKs. I have a 600 w/ a 155 track and he's got the 800 with the same track. We did not see another soul up there. Incredible! Btw, it takes less than an hour doorstep to doorstep. This is the value of living in Laramie. You put up with some things to get some things in life.    

How far are the Snowys from Colorado Springs? 

20 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

So, you're claiming Bozeman sees more visitors than Jackson? Which is THE gateway town to both YNP and TNP. Bozeman became a more affordable alternative to Jackson as a place to live. That was a big reason for its growth. Close, but not quite the real thing.

Another weird thing- there sure are shloads of Nebraska, Utah, and Colorado plates in Southern Wyoming...

TNP is an afterthought compared to YNP, I’d bet it would see quite the drop off of visitors if you didn’t have to drive through to get to the south entrance of YNP.  

I would bet that Bozeman sees more visitors than Jackson, YNP, 2 ski areas (Bridger and Big Sky) and closest access to the top rivers in the country (including the big three in YNP).  

Truckers driving through, only stops you make in Southern Wyoming is for gas.  

21 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

If you live in downtown Chicago, I'd guess you have a notion of what world class food and dining is. Nothing in Boise comes close to SRG, The Granary, Grill at Amangani, Buffalo Club, Blue Lion, West Bank, Trio... These are places that count world leaders and A-list celebrities as regular clientele. I won't even get into the private chef catering and private club thing. It isn't exactly hard to get a parking spot for a G5 in Boise...

Well, I’ve been there and don’t share the same thoughts - also been to Sun Valley “that count world leaders and A-list celebrities as regular clientele.”

Be honest, you know SRG is in a shitty location, right?

19 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Well, I’ve been there and don’t share the same thoughts - also been to Sun Valley “that count world leaders and A-list celebrities as regular clientele.”

Be honest, you know SRG is in a shitty location, right?

You know you’re a shitty human being right? You should take your Chicago high rise and attempt to shove it up your a$$!! 

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

Seriously though, how f**king shallow, vain, and narcissistic can one individual become??? I thought this was the MWC SPORTS forum...yet here we are witnessing some prissy dimwit premadonna spend hours of their day comparing restaurants in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming!! Who really f*cking cares?!?!? 

Sometimes a few people on this forum really irk me to no end.....

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG