Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Break out the watercolors — Albertsons Stadium is getting a facelift!

15 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Again, have you been to Boise?

Yes.   Are you purposely being obtuse?   Boise is nice but you feel the need to shit on something different.  Hate internet spats.  I only post things I would say to people's face.

25 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Yeah I get that.

My problem is you painting Laramie as some "dusty" old cow town with bank robberies. The majority of people in Laramie don't even lock their doors at night.

It's pretty modern in Laramie. There's 20 billion in new banking assets moving to Wyoming because of the regulatory framework to attract crypto/blockchain businesses. In fact, Wyoming is the only state in the country with the regulatory framework to bank the blockchain industry. That's pretty cutting edge. Some of those businesses are going to Laramie. Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and Nevada are all trying to convince their legislatures to pass the same laws that Wyoming has passed in the last 2 years so they don't get left behind.

The campus keeps growing and getting newer by the day. When the planned projects finish, Wyoming will have invested over 1.5 billion in the campus alone since 2005. 300 million in dorms will help Wyoming grow enrollment. Its the finishing touch to the massive campus renovation that Laramie needed.

As far as the stadium is concerned, the next project is 80 million for a Corbett pool renovation, and an ambitious renovation of the west side of the war that includes tearing down parts of the west side of the stadium and building new club seating, possible luxury boxes, chair back seating, new concessions, new restrooms, and a renovated press box.

When I graduated from high school in the early 90's Laramie was a ran down shit hole. A lot has changed since then.

Laramie will always have a lot of cheap housing. It's a college town, and over 1/3 of the population are poor college students. That's the reality of small college towns. The other reality: there isn't another campus in the country that has invested more in infrastructure than Laramie has since 2005.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Yeah I get that.

My problem is you painting Laramie as some "dusty" old cow town with bank robberies. The majority of people in Laramie don't even lock their doors at night.

It's pretty modern in Laramie. There's 20 billion in new banking assets moving to Wyoming because of the regulatory framework to attract crypto/blockchain businesses. In fact, Wyoming is the only state in the country with the regulatory framework to bank the blockchain industry. That's pretty cutting edge. Some of those businesses are going to Laramie. Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and Nevada are all trying to convince their legislatures to pass the same laws that Wyoming has passed in the last 2 years so they don't get left behind.

The campus keeps growing and getting newer by the day. When the planned projects finish, Wyoming will have invested over 1.5 billion in the campus alone since 2005. 300 million in dorms will help Wyoming grow enrollment. Its the finishing touch to the massive campus renovation that Laramie needed.

As far as the stadium is concerned, the next project is 80 million for a Corbett pool renovation, and an ambitious renovation of the west side of the war that includes tearing down parts of the west side of the stadium and building new club seating, possible luxury boxes, chair back seating, new concessions, new restrooms, and a renovated press box.

When I graduated from high school in the early 90's Laramie was a ran down shit hole. A lot has changed since then.

Laramie will always have a lot of cheap housing. It's a college town, and over 1/3 of the population are poor college students. That's the reality of small college towns. The other reality: there isn't another campus in the country that has invested more in infrastructure than Laramie has since 2005.

JFC, you hit the nail on the head with your second sentence.  That’s exactly what I experienced being “downtown” for fifteen minutes. 

Laramie is a shit hole, the University would be better off in Cody.  

1 hour ago, gold-n-brown said:

Yes.   Are you purposely being obtuse?   Boise is nice but you feel the need to shit on something different.  Hate internet spats.  I only post things I would say to people's face.

You obviously haven’t experienced Boise, if you did you would know a ski hill was 30 minutes away and the restaurants were 100 times better than anything Wyoming could offer. 

That includes Jackson, which Bozeman and Big Sky clown fcks.  

26 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

You obviously haven’t experienced Boise, if you did you would know a ski hill was 30 minutes away and the restaurants were 100 times better than anything Wyoming could offer. 

Listen, I have experienced Boise plenty. Nice place (for the third time).  Enjoy your Target, buffalo wild wings and your mall.  I am guessing I am much older then you and connections with people and family are important to me.  What makes me happy in life is obviously different then you.   

My stadium has better views then yours.

43 minutes ago, gold-n-brown said:

Listen, I have experienced Boise plenty. Nice place (for the third time).  Enjoy your Target, buffalo wild wings and your mall.  I am guessing I am much older then you and connections with people and family are important to me.  What makes me happy in life is obviously different then you.   

My stadium has better views then yours.

Yes, because Walmart and Chili’s are so much different amongst the other chains. 

I actually live in a high rise behind the Tribune building in Chicago, it’s called “The Miracle Mile.”

While you’re googling that, search the difference between “then and than.”

10 hours ago, gold-n-brown said:

Umm, this thread is about Boise State’s stadium renovation. You should lecture Cowboy Junky and AFA Bob about feeling the need to come in and shit on something. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

12 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

And the same size as Laramie, first time there was 1998 when I lived in Montana - last time there was this fall.  There has been a night and day change since then.  Only disappointment is that Bozeman has sucked the life out of neighboring Livingston which used to be such a cool fly fishing town.  

It's not Bozeman sucking the life out of Livingston...it's the wind (that's blocked by that last pass between Livingston and Bozeman).  Livingston is still hoppin' in the summer with the Yellowstone Park traffic! 

And, it's the out-of-state-moneyed billionaires in Bozeman chasing the lowly millionaires into Livingston (and Three Forks) that's really changing the overall culture of the whole area.  Ain't what it used to be...

33 minutes ago, Bob said:

Bozeman has like 100k in its area. It's not comparable 

As an AFA fan, maybe you can help us understand if Laramie is a simple quaint college town or a burgeoning tech mecca, the next Silicon Valley with hundreds of billions of dollars flowing into it, with a vibrant downtown that draws the world’s hottest women. We’ve heard both on this thread.

12 hours ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Yeah I get that.

Housing in Laramie is anything but cheap.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

10 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Sorry, but Boise doesn't compete with Jackson for food. From The Bird to Snake River Grill, the quality of food in Jackson is on a whole different tier than Boise. Hell, Dornan's, in Moose, has a wine list that nothing in Idaho can match.

Don't get me wrong, Boise does have some damn good food- Teatro, Fork, Goldy's, Chandler's, West Side Drive Inn (gotta love Prime Rib at a drive-up) are all good food, but serious cheffery has yet to find Boise.

14 hours ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

I realize there are some comparisons going on between Laramie and Bozeman in this thread.  Don't think the housing situation is identical in comparing the two, but Bozeman is similarly situated as a "small college town" with approximately 1/3 (maybe a bit less) of the population as college students.  What that does to the housing market is the opposite of what you're saying...all those rundown, bigger houses get turned into multi-tenant rentals for off-campus college students and become "income properties" that jack their value and the cost of buying them way up.  In Bozeman, to add to the rising housing costs, there's lots of out-of-state money being poured into vacation/second homes and a bunch of trust fund babies that come to ski, hike, etc.

Just for the sake of factual info, the median price of a new home in Bozeman for December of 2019 was approximately $460K.  I'd guess it's somewhat less in Laramie, but I'd also guess housing in Laramie is definitely not "cheap".  For comparison purposes, I believe the median new home price in Boise is hovering around $360-$370K and is no slouch in the housing cost category.

Population growth between Bozeman and Laramie since 1990:

Bozeman - 22,660 to 48,532 

Laramie - 26,687 to 32,473

And while Laramie is essentially the only town in Albany County, the population of Gallatin County in 1990 was 50,463 to Albany’s 30,797. Gallatin County has more than doubled its population to 111,876 today compared to Albany at 38,601.

All this to day that the population growth over the past 30 years has been significantly higher in Bozeman and I don’t believe that can be attributed to its proximity to Livingston. Laramie is a neat college town but I don’t think it will ever be more than that. I could be wrong. 

17 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Much needed! Since UNLV will be soon moving into the best, and most famous stadium in the world...

Kids, dont do drugs.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

55 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Population growth between Bozeman and Laramie since 1990:

Bozeman - 22,660 to 48,532 

Laramie - 26,687 to 32,473

And while Laramie is essentially the only town in Albany County, the population of Gallatin County in 1990 was 50,463 to Albany’s 30,797. Gallatin County has more than doubled its population to 111,876 today compared to Albany at 38,601.

All this to day that the population growth over the past 30 years has been significantly higher in Bozeman and I don’t believe that can be attributed to its proximity to Livingston. Laramie is a neat college town but I don’t think it will ever be more than that. I could be wrong. 

Check yer math...:huh: