westfan

Ohio vs Nevada

4 hours ago, westfan said:

The trick play cluster F and not kicking the FG looked like Mumme brain farts,but I think those two plays are on Norvell:shrug:

yep.    Frustrating loss. ( and they could have at least  covered for the home folks)

I am all for kicking nevaduh out.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

39 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

I am all for kicking nevaduh out.

SAN! is 2-13 against us the last 15 meetings.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I saw it listed at -13 on ESPN when it first opened. Maybe that was a typo, but that what it said. Like I said, I didn’t see the closing number but someone here said they saw it at about 8 before the game. 

Lol. 

• Cheers 1

Pathetic. Vegas fans with 4 bowls giving Nevada chit. That said Norvell chit the bed. 

3 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Nah, had to make sure my girls were all ready to go, Big convention in town next week. $$$

You’re a pimp? 

• Haha 1

cant say I watch the game but 15 to 30 in the first half? How the f*ck you get to 15 pts? At this rate, that cannon will be red for another 20 years...

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

ouch.

After some thought and how little time was left, the only call that I think may have been the right one was to not go for the FG and go for the TD. The mindless “Let’s extend the game” philosophy is flawed. The bottom line is you have to score a TD and FG to win. Let’s say we kicked the FG. We have to get an onside kick regardless. If we recover it, we’re just about in FG range and he already kicked a 57 yard FG this year and it would’ve been good at around 61 to 63’ish.

But instead now you have to score a TD with very little time and no timeouts. While you did extend the game, you also pretty much lost the game by making it too hard to score a TD to win. So if you really want the best odds of winning, you score the TD, get the onside kick, spend the remaining seconds to get in FG range and then win it on a medium to long FG.

If there was more time on the clock, then sure, kick the FG, get the onside kick, and then you have time for a drive with Ohio in a prevent D letting us move 5 to 10 yards at a time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

After some thought and how little time was left, the only call that I think may have been the right one was to not go for the FG and go for the TD. The mindless “Let’s extend the game” philosophy is flawed. The bottom line is you have to score a TD and FG to win. Let’s say we kicked the FG. We have to get an onside kick regardless. If we recover it, we’re just about in FG range and he already kicked a 57 yard FG this year and it would’ve been good at around 61 to 63’ish.

But instead now you have to score a TD with very little time and no timeouts. While you did extend the game, you also pretty much lost the game by making it too hard to score a TD to win. So if you really want the best odds of winning, you score the TD, get the onside kick, spend the remaining seconds to get in FG range and then win it on a medium to long FG.

If there was more time on the clock, then sure, kick the FG, get the onside kick, and then you have time for a drive with Ohio in a prevent D letting us move 5 to 10 yards at a time. 

And if you kick the damn extra point and make it a 1 score game, then you don’t have to consider any of the above referenced machinations. Complete and total F UP by the coaches! 🙄

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, mugtang said:

SAN! is 2-13 against us the last 15 meetings.

So what? You lost to a "MACtion" team in embarrassing fashion. You brought shame to the MWC! You're out of here, NevaDUH!

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

So what? You lost to a "MACtion" team in embarrassing fashion. You brought shame to the MWC! You're out of here, NevaDUH!

Smack from San Joser (the school that SHOULD be kicked out of the MGC). Funny.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Rev McQuervo said:

I like it. At least there’s a minor pulse coming out of San Jose lately. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

17 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

That shit is inexcusable. I’m still shaking my head. Your Reno media had better ask some tough post game questions. 

Lol Chris Murray will just post some irrelevant circle jerk stat like ”the pack hasn't had a 2nd quarter fumble by a backup kicker in 2 decades”.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Shut up and get an offense. 

10 hours ago, dshawfan said:

And if you kick the damn extra point and make it a 1 score game, then you don’t have to consider any of the above referenced machinations. Complete and total F UP by the coaches! 🙄

I agree with that. 

1 hour ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Shut up and get an offense. 

I’m sorry this is happening to you. 

22 hours ago, PackNation said:

Lol. 

Whatever makes you feel better. LOL 😂 😂😂👍

16 hours ago, dshawfan said:

I haven’t seen the post presser, but I will. All the other calls made were baffling. I do like to hear the situation per the coach in case there was some info. we didn’t know about. Example: place kicker pulled leg muscle in warm ups, and back up has the flu.....very unlikely but still possible. 

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

I haven’t seen the post presser, but I will. All the other calls made were baffling. I do like to hear the situation per the coach in case there was some info. we didn’t know about. Example: place kicker pulled leg muscle in warm ups, and back up has the flu.....very unlikely but still possible. 

They did have the previous extra point blocked, so there is that, but that should have been an easy fix on the sidelines. I assume they have video capabilities on the sideline. Hell we have it at the HS level, they should have it. Go back find where the pressure came from, go over it, and get it fixed.