Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Ohio vs Nevada

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

After some thought and how little time was left, the only call that I think may have been the right one was to not go for the FG and go for the TD. The mindless “Let’s extend the game” philosophy is flawed. The bottom line is you have to score a TD and FG to win. Let’s say we kicked the FG. We have to get an onside kick regardless. If we recover it, we’re just about in FG range and he already kicked a 57 yard FG this year and it would’ve been good at around 61 to 63’ish.

But instead now you have to score a TD with very little time and no timeouts. While you did extend the game, you also pretty much lost the game by making it too hard to score a TD to win. So if you really want the best odds of winning, you score the TD, get the onside kick, spend the remaining seconds to get in FG range and then win it on a medium to long FG.

If there was more time on the clock, then sure, kick the FG, get the onside kick, and then you have time for a drive with Ohio in a prevent D letting us move 5 to 10 yards at a time. 

And if you kick the damn extra point and make it a 1 score game, then you don’t have to consider any of the above referenced machinations. Complete and total F UP by the coaches! 🙄

8 hours ago, mugtang said:

SAN! is 2-13 against us the last 15 meetings.

So what? You lost to a "MACtion" team in embarrassing fashion. You brought shame to the MWC! You're out of here, NevaDUH!

14 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

So what? You lost to a "MACtion" team in embarrassing fashion. You brought shame to the MWC! You're out of here, NevaDUH!

Smack from San Joser (the school that SHOULD be kicked out of the MGC). Funny.

Just now, Rev McQuervo said:

I like it. At least there’s a minor pulse coming out of San Jose lately. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

17 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

That shit is inexcusable. I’m still shaking my head. Your Reno media had better ask some tough post game questions. 

Lol Chris Murray will just post some irrelevant circle jerk stat like ”the pack hasn't had a 2nd quarter fumble by a backup kicker in 2 decades”.

6 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Shut up and get an offense. 

1 hour ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

I’m sorry this is happening to you. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

16 hours ago, dshawfan said:

And if you kick the damn extra point and make it a 1 score game, then you don’t have to consider any of the above referenced machinations. Complete and total F UP by the coaches! 🙄

I haven’t seen the post presser, but I will. All the other calls made were baffling. I do like to hear the situation per the coach in case there was some info. we didn’t know about. Example: place kicker pulled leg muscle in warm ups, and back up has the flu.....very unlikely but still possible. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

I haven’t seen the post presser, but I will. All the other calls made were baffling. I do like to hear the situation per the coach in case there was some info. we didn’t know about. Example: place kicker pulled leg muscle in warm ups, and back up has the flu.....very unlikely but still possible. 

They did have the previous extra point blocked, so there is that, but that should have been an easy fix on the sidelines. I assume they have video capabilities on the sideline. Hell we have it at the HS level, they should have it. Go back find where the pressure came from, go over it, and get it fixed. 

16 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Bad enough to take us to 10-3 Reina.

New adds in 2020 will address.

On 1/4/2020 at 5:11 AM, dshawfan said:

Incorrect.  While 8 points is technically a “one-score game,” you at some point need a 2-point conversion.  Go for it early.  If you don’t get it, at least you know what you need and can give yourself time to make it up.  If you wait to need it on the last possession, you are more likely to have put all of your eggs in that basket, and be going for it with no time left.  Ault preferred to go for it earlier, and it appears Norvell is the same way.  I agree with them.  Waiting to go for two is analogous to taking first possession in OT, insofar as the alternatives at least let you know what you’re going to need.

The reverse was a WTF play.  I don’t think there is any disagreement there.  You had overloaded the left side and had run Lee to the heavy side all game long.  Counter was there.  Run the counter, pull the guard as a lead blocker, and get 6 the simple way.

I will admit I wasn’t thinking about the FG during that last possession.  I was so focused on “TD then FG” that reversing that didn’t occur to me.  Norvell may have been thinking the same.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

31 minutes ago, bornsilverandblue said:

Incorrect.  While 8 points is technically a “one-score game,” you at some point need a 2-point conversion.  Go for it early.  If you don’t get it, at least you know what you need and can give yourself time to make it up.  If you wait to need it on the last possession, you are more likely to have put all of your eggs in that basket, and be going for it with no time left.  Ault preferred to go for it earlier, and it appears Norvell is the same way.  I agree with them.  Waiting to go for two is analogous to taking first possession in OT, insofar as the alternatives at least let you know what you’re going to need.

The reverse was a WTF play.  I don’t think there is any disagreement there.  You had overloaded the left side and had run Lee to the heavy side all game long.  Counter was there.  Run the counter, pull the guard as a lead blocker, and get 6 the simple way.

I will admit I wasn’t thinking about the FG during that last possession.  I was so focused on “TD then FG” that reversing that didn’t occur to me.  Norvell may have been thinking the same.

Wrong

Just now, dshawfan said:

Wrong

Are you going to elaborate and defend your assertion, or just play the immature jackass wannabe bully little girl?

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

On 1/4/2020 at 3:45 PM, mugtang said:

I’m sorry this is happening to you. 

Oh, muggy.

On 1/5/2020 at 7:01 AM, Rev McQuervo said:

Bad enough to take us to 10-3 Reina.

New adds in 2020 will address.

Mierda. Everyone knows, and that includes you, that your defense got that 10-3 record. 

7 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Mierda. Everyone knows, and that includes you, that your defense got that 10-3 record. 

No tonto, Dulce sabor!

12 hours ago, bornsilverandblue said:

Are you going to elaborate and defend your assertion, or just play the immature jackass wannabe bully little girl?

While I agree with dshawfan this reply is a goodie.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok