Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KingBronco

Now That USU and UNM Have been Eliminated from NCAAT At-Large Consideration...

4 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Will the MWC be a single bid league this year?

That was my thinking a few weeks ago.  Zero faith in USU to get it done.  Unless SD gets upset I am thinking just 1.  Can’t lose to teams like Unlv in conference and get a bid.  Just the truth.  

8 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Yes. fing garbage. But also garbage that these shit teams came to play in conference. Yet the other teams took the day off as well. But I put it on the crap teams, because I watch all MW games and the garbage teams didn't look like this in nearly all their OOC games. 

WYO came to play at BSU

SJSU came to play

now UNLV.

where was this effort before

10 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

Yes. fing garbage. But also garbage that these shit teams came to play in conference. Yet the other teams took the day off as well. But I put it on the crap teams, because I watch all MW games and the garbage teams didn't look like this in nearly all their OOC games. 

WYO came to play at BSU

SJSU came to play

now UNLV.

You’ve made a great point. If lower level teams played as hard in the OOC games, it would help boost the MWC RPI. 

57 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

WYO came to play at BSU

SJSU came to play

now UNLV.

well, with that said, where were USU and UNM tonight?

I think at the beginning of the year, before any games are played, we should nominate three teams for bid consideration. All the other teams must do whatever they can do to get those teams into the tournament to support the league. The league!

judge judy eye roll GIF

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

One WTF day of conference play does not make for a one bid league.  We all knew that for everyone besides SDSU and USU, they needed the auto bid.

If USU eats three more of these bad losses, then it's panic time.  Otherwise you're still on track for 2 bids again.

4 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

One WTF day of conference play does not make for a one bid league.  We all knew that for everyone besides SDSU and USU, they needed the auto bid.

If USU eats three more of these bad losses, then it's panic time.  Otherwise you're still on track for 2 bids again.

It’s already panic time for Utah State as their good OOC wins against LSU and Florida we’re wiped out last night. Their NET ranking fell into the 70’s last night.  Injuries have rendered USU pretty tame.

As for New Mexico, I think they played a pretty easy OOC. Other than one trip to NY, their longest trips were to El Paso and Las Cruces. It’s different getting on an airplane than a bus.

kudos to Sparty and UNLV for defending the home court.

8 hours ago, slappy said:

That was my thinking a few weeks ago.  Zero faith in USU to get it done.  Unless SD gets upset I am thinking just 1.  Can’t lose to teams like Unlv in conference and get a bid.  Just the truth.  

Nevada got obliterated by a bad Lobo team early in the conference season last year and still easily got an at-large bid.

USU could still get an at large table if they run the table and lose in the tourney.  SDSU is definitely looking at an at large with a tourney loss assuming they have a good run in conference.  Even with the losses last night of USU and UNM, it can be a 2 bid league.  3 bids, which was never likely,  is gone.  If SDSU beats USU in regular season and wins the conference tourney, then it could be a 1 bid league.  The USU loss to me was a surprise given the OOC performance of both schools.  

Im stumped by this UNM team. From 14 pts up and cruising, to 17pts down and looking like they just do t give a damn... and ‘preppy look’ Doctor Weir, slowly walking back and forth on the sidelines, looking equally unconcerned... i know he keeps saying that the team just feels like they can come back and win every time they're down, but its still looks odd to me.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

3 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

San Diego State and Utah State are still safely in. They can all afford 3 or 4 more losses in conference. But Utah State probably needs to avoid another loss to a team with a bad won/loss record. They also need to do well in the conference tournament. I'd put SDSU as a 4 or 5 seed and the Aggies as a 12. As it stands now New Mexico is the only NIT team 

Everyone else needs to win the conference tournament. Realistically I can only see Nevada, New Mexico, or Boise State with a shot. Like warm on Colorado State's chances.

These are just my opinions.

I don't think USU could afford 4 more losses and get an at large.  That would be good news for mid majors out west if a 7 loss team with 80-100 NET got in though.  SDSU certainly could afford 4 losses because they ran the table OOC.  

9 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Amen.  It's one loss and it's in conference where upsets happen every year in all conferences.   USU can make up for it in their next game and be darlings all over again. Pollsters know about Queta and that he's injured, etc.