Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KingBronco

Wyoming vs BSU

6 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

I didn't watch the game but BSU pulled away late to win 65-54. I'm assuming it was pretty brutal to watch after I saw the amount of fouls (45 total) in the box score.

Did anybody actually watch this game instead of football?

Yes I did. BSU looked terrible. They are very lucky. Toward the end of the game, the announcers said Alston was at 10% FG. They missed a whole lot of 2 foot shots in the paint. Wyoming was draining 3s. In the end, they did pull it out. 

9 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I think most Wyoming fans have given up on this season.  Edwards is a joke. 

I resemble your remarks.  This will be the first season since Heath Schroyer's last that I will not see Wyoming play in person.  As long as Edwards is HC I will not support his team.  I have and I will tolerate a lot but Edwards is an empty shirt with no visible personality or passion for his job.  All coach Shyatt did to rebuild the program has been lost under Edwards.  Very sad to watch.

34 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

I didn't watch the game but BSU pulled away late to win 65-54. I'm assuming it was pretty brutal to watch after I saw the amount of fouls (45 total) in the box score.

Did anybody actually watch this game instead of football?

26 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

Yes I did. BSU looked terrible. They are very lucky. Toward the end of the game, the announcers said Alston was at 10% FG. They missed a whole lot of 2 foot shots in the paint. Wyoming was draining 3s. In the end, they did pull it out. 

I watched the second half. I thought Wyoming could have won the game but they missed a couple of critical easy layups that let Boise start to pull away, then missed a couple more just to seal the deal. Boise didn't look any better than Wyo, they were just able to finish it.

Wyoming slowed the pace of the game and I thought played really hard. They keep playing with that energy and they will not be an easy win in Laramie. They have several decent players. 

Alston had probably his worse game since he became a starter. He sat more than half the game with four fouls. Probably a good thing because he kept throwing up bricks from the perimeter instead of posting up his smaller defender. Kijab also played a little over half the game due to foul trouble. 

The refs must of thought they were being paid by the foul call because they called a bunch making it a very ugly game to watch. 

11 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Wyoming slowed the pace of the game and I thought played really hard. They keep playing with that energy and they will not be an easy win in Laramie. They have several decent players. 

Alston had probably his worse game since he became a starter. He sat more than half the game with four fouls. Probably a good thing because he kept throwing up bricks from the perimeter instead of posting up his smaller defender. 

The refs must of thought they were being paid by the foul call because they called a bunch making it a very ugly game to watch. 

I was getting updated from a friend of mine who went to the game in my place tonight. Apparently in the first minute alone Wyoming was hit with 4 fouls. MWC refs gonna MWC ref, and keep the prestigious title of worst NCAAB officiating. 

26 minutes ago, jonnyflingspoo said:

I was getting updated from a friend of mine who went to the game in my place tonight. Apparently in the first minute alone Wyoming was hit with 4 fouls. MWC refs gonna MWC ref, and keep the prestigious title of worst NCAAB officiating. 

Yeah, you could tell from the get go, they were going to call anything close to a foul. Boise fans booed a lot, but Wyoming also had their share of bad calls. Forty five fouls in all, 25 on Wyoming, 20 on Boise State. 

Read on a Twitter post the mountain west officiating supervisor was at the game tonight. Sure hope those officials get failing Mark's for that game. Calling every little ticky tack foul should never be the goal of the officiating crew.  When officiating controls the game something is wrong. 

6 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Yeah, you could tell from the get go, they were going to call anything close to a foul. Boise fans booed a lot, but Wyoming also had their share of bad calls. Forty five fouls in all, 25 on Wyoming, 20 on Boise State. 

They sent the weakest Refereeing crew of the night in the MWC to Boise last night.  The San Jose crew was a little better. The crews at the other three games were solid.

I knew we were in trouble when I saw Wyoming start some dude with a man-bun and a 14-year old ginger.  If you trot those guys out they must be deadly from 3-point land.  And they were.

In all seriousness, Wyoming does the same thing in basketball as they do in football - take you out of your game and make you play theirs.  An ugly, boring grind fest that relies on turnovers and defensive stops.  Unfortunately Boise is soft and doesn’t respond well when punched in the face.  You could tell this with Alston who had his worst game as a Bronco. He has tremendous skill but isn’t physically ready for the NBA. He needs to return for his senior season or he will get killed at the next level.

12 minutes ago, Broncos4Ever said:

I knew we were in trouble when I saw Wyoming start some dude with a man-bun and a 14-year old ginger.  If you trot those guys out they must be deadly from 3-point land.  And they were.

In all seriousness, Wyoming does the same thing in basketball as they do in football - take you out of your game and make you play theirs.  An ugly, boring grind fest that relies on turnovers and defensive stops.  Unfortunately Boise is soft and doesn’t respond well when punched in the face.  You could tell this with Alston who had his worst game as a Bronco. He has tremendous skill but isn’t physically ready for the NBA. He needs to return for his senior season or he will get killed at the next level.

Great analogy to football. If Alston thinks he is ready for the NBA he is a fool.