Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Empty Seats at Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl

I know these two games are not in the playoffs this year but the empty seats at the Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl are quite noticeable. I think it’s going to get worse until the the playoffs are expanded. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Sugar Bowl was hurt by the fact Georgia was making a repeat appearance.  Last year, they easily sold out their allotment.  This year, not so much.  Playing Baylor certainly didnt help their enthusiasm.  As for Baylor, they are not known for travelling well, but playing relatively close to home probably made up for that.  They seemed like they represented well.

Orange Bowl was listed as a sellout.  Whether the empty seats were due to unsold allotment (which still count as sold), or some other reason, whos to say.

Doesnt really matter much.  Just big studio audiences for TV.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I remember when those games were considered "Big" games. Including the Cotton Bowl. Big tv and live crowds. 

Typically the Nebraska/OU fans would throw Oranges on the field after winning the rivalry game. Rose Bowl teams were given Roses when they clinched etc. 

The playoff has taken those great traditions away. Those Bowl games should be included in the playoff structure, with conference tie- ins for the four highest rated teams.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 minute ago, Spaztecs said:

I remember when those games were considered "Big" games. Including the Cotton Bowl. Big tv and live crowds. 

Typically the Nebraska/OU fans would throw Oranges on the field after winning the rivalry game. Rose Bowl teams were given Roses when they clinched etc. 

The playoff has taken those great traditions away. Those Bowl games should be included in the playoff structure, with conference tie- ins for the four highest rated teams.

I agree. I'm not a fan of the playoff and 8 teams would be worse.