Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

Bowl Record by Conference thus Far

I'll update this as the results come in: 

ACC: 4-5 with 2 games remaining

AAC:  2-3 with 2 games remaining

Big 12: 1-5 with 0 games remaining

Big 10: 3-5 with 1 games remaining

C-USA: 3-4 with 1 game remaining

MAC: 2-3 with 2 games remaining

MW: 4-2 with 1 game remaining

PAC-12: 4-3 with 0 games remaining 

SEC:  6-2 with 2 games remaining 

Sun Belt: 2-2 with 1 game remaining 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Thanks @madmartigan for the tally.

I'm a Big 12 fan and man are they stinking it up.:facepalm:

19 minutes ago, crixus said:

Thanks @madmartigan for the tally.

I'm a Big 12 fan and man are they stinking it up.:facepalm:

Texas looking to break the losing streak. Which Big 12 squad do you pull for?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

5 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Texas looking to break the losing streak. Which Big 12 squad do you pull for?

WVU, but they're not bowling this year. I root for all Big 12 teams in bowl games, as I do with MWC teams. 

1 hour ago, aggzilla said:

Although it would’ve been cool to see the B12 go 0-fer, I’m really enjoying this beatdown of the yoots. 

I enjoyed the beat down more than I should've. Deeply satisfying. 

8 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The Utes imploded the last two games. What’s crazy is they would have been in the playoffs had they beat Oregon. 

Yes. Oregon did them a major favor by beating them or they'd still be recovering from an LSU beatdown. 

51 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Yes. Oregon did them a major favor by beating them or they'd still be recovering from an LSU beatdown. 

This was really the perfect ending to the season for the Utes. Beatdown in the PAC 12 championship and then another by a middling Texas team out of a bad Big 12? Even Ute fans will have a hard time justifying this. Hopefully Oregon gets boatraced by the Badgers to complete the cycle. 

9 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The Utes imploded the last two games. What’s crazy is they would have been in the playoffs had they beat Oregon. 

aka Borg North... Shiiiiiiizz the bed in a big way!

20 hours ago, madmartigan said:

I'll update this as the results come in: 

ACC: 4-5 with 2 games remaining

AAC:  2-3 with 2 games remaining

Big 12: 1-4 with 1 games remaining

Big 10: 2-3 with 3 games remaining

C-USA: 3-4 with 1 game remaining

MAC: 2-3 with 2 games remaining

MW: 4-2 with 1 game remaining

PAC-12: 3-3 with 1 games remaining 

SEC: 4-1 with 5 games remaining 

Sun Belt: 2-2 with 1 game remaining 

So 6 of the conferences have negative records and  2 are even. Not a very good record overall. At least we have a winning record, impressive until you consider our opposition. At least we will have something to brag about which is good for the off season.

Big 12 has given up on defense, they all try to outscore each other and defense has gone out the window.  TCU has lost their way as they used to have the great defenses but now their not any different than Tex Tech or Okie St.   

22 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Big 12 has given up on defense, they all try to outscore each other and defense has gone out the window.  TCU has lost their way as they used to have the great defenses but now their not any different than Tex Tech or Okie St.   

Negative.  TCUs defense continues to be stout.  Its our offense that currently sucks right now.  Baylor got to the Sugar Bowl on the strength of their defense.  Kansas State certainly didnt win 8 games by outscoring teams.  Texas' defense is schizophrenic.

TCU was 27th in total defense, Tech 126th.  I will be happy to hear how there is no difference.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

29 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Don’t know that TCU has lost its way defensively, but I would say week in and week out they are facing much more explosive attacks than they saw in their MWC days. 

1 hour ago, 1066 said:

So 6 of the conferences have negative records and  2 are even. Not a very good record overall. At least we have a winning record, impressive until you consider our opposition. At least we will have something to brag about which is good for the off season.

Props to AFA and Hawaii, they beat respectable programs. As for the Aztecs and Cowboys, they took care of business against opponents they should beat. 

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

The B12 has become the early nineties WAC in overemphasizing offense. CSU took advantage of that by hiring Miami DC Sonny Lubick and turned that program from dog meat to as good as there was in the conference because in football you can be successful by doing things differently. Les Miles should keep that in mind.

Boom goes the dynamite.