Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Utah State at UNLV

14 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

We sucked. 

Yep. I kept waiting for your guys to find their shot, it just didn't happen.

13 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Credit UNLV's will and effort tonight but usu also laid an egg. The rebs aren't this good and usu isn't nowhere near this bad. 

But... Rebs are definitely improving, gaining confidence and finding out who they really are. 

Once the rebs figure out what they can do (like tonight) if they listen to their coach (and credit to Tj for his game plan) they might end up being a decent team. I'm just glad to see that by sitting some of them, they apparently started to buy in.

12 minutes ago, Rebels2k3 said:

that's fantastic, he nailed that. and they did it.

1 hour ago, thatsmymammy said:

but it should have been there all year. (btw I updated my original post)

I think it took TJO calling out their collective heart for them to respond. And now hat they've seen the results, maybe they buy in?

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Saturday’s game has me very nervous.  They will have to play with CONTROLLED aggression against Air Force.

They can bump cutters, press it, or zone it.  Those are the three most effective strategies.  Will probably see the first two.  Air Force shoots over 40% from three.

7 hours ago, thatsmymammy said:

More like good job UNLV for actually looking like a basketball team just in time to f the MW. I watch all MW games and you under performed in OOC. I knew UNLV was a good team. Not going to lie, USU and especially UNM has been suspect to me. With 2021 recruiting class this team should be top contenders next year.

6 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I think it took TJO calling out their collective heart for them to respond. And now hat they've seen the results, maybe they buy in?

with this..put up or get out. they just had to figure it out.

8 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Yeah they are a different team since being called out. Fresno and unlv have good players and are better than their record. 

That all out effort was amazing to see. The diving for loose balls, the unwillingness to give up on rebounds. That defense was crazy!

Now that the Rebels see what this style can do for them, let's see if they can keep up with it.

Great win for TJO and the boys. Really like what TJO is bringing to this program.

43 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

That all out effort was amazing to see. The diving for loose balls, the unwillingness to give up on rebounds. That defense was crazy!

Now that the Rebels see what this style can do for them, let's see if they can keep up with it.

Great win for TJO and the boys. Really like what TJO is bringing to this program.

The culture is getting better as time goes on.  Always a positive.

1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

As a rebel fan, you have to be encouraged with that performance. I was torn watching the game as I love the Aggies but I’ll admit it was also great to see this rebel squad playing with some fire and intensity that we haven’t really seen all season. Loved the hustle and physicality. Tons of movement on offense, flying for loose balls, stifling defense. Here’s hoping the rebels can build off of this performance and compete in conference play.

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

5 minutes ago, aggzilla said:

As a rebel fan, you have to be encouraged with that performance. I was torn watching the game as I love the Aggies but I’ll admit it was also great to see this rebel squad playing with some fire and intensity that we haven’t really seen all season. Loved the hustle and physicality. Tons of movement on offense, flying for loose balls, stifling defense. Here’s hoping the rebels can build off of this performance and compete in conference play.

Thanks and honestly, I haven't seen that kind of sustained effort in a game for several seasons. So yes, it is very good to see it back. TJO is right that is was the hallmark of UNLV squads for a very long time.

As for USU, your boys laid an egg and it happens. Chalk it up to facing a really hungry team, on the road, without your best player. Nobody goes through conf unscathed. It is still early and this is just a speed bump.