Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Iraqi Militia Supporters Storm US Embassy

1 minute ago, easybronc said:

Thats exactly what we want our enemies to think ... that Trump is a loose canon who might do anything.

He has already telegraphed that he is scared of getting into another war.   Everyone knows that he is a blowhard coward. 

Posted Image

14 minutes ago, Akkula said:

We all knew it was a mistake to make him CIC.  He is a loose cannon to give nukes to.  Nukes would have taken out Hanoi too, why didn't we just nuke em?  Why didnt we nuke the Chinese in Korea?  Unfortunately Trump may be as simple minded as you. 

McArthur wanted to drop a bunch of nukes on the border between NK and China to create a radiated zone that would kill any troops crossing it. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, Akkula said:

The problem for him is that he is a coward.  Cadet bone spurs is mostly bluff as Pelosi has proven multiple times in negotiation.   The Iranians know he is a blowhard. 

Ask soleimani how much of a blowhard he is.

Ask Baghdadi how much of a blowhard he is. 

Might br kind of hard though since they are both deader than disco. 

Just now, Rebelbacker said:

Ask soleimani how much of a blowhard he is.

Ask Baghdadi how much of a blowhard he is. 

Might br kind of hard though since they are both deader than disco. 

It is easy ordering a missile strike from Washington.   Remember...Obama did that a lot.

Posted Image

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I believe congress has delegated all launch authority to the president.  Any president has the authority to launch a nuclear strike without the consent of congress. 

“Tip, I’m telling ya, the Soviet Nukes are on there way.”

”I told ya, Ronnie, I’ll get the committee’s on it as soon as we’re back from re...”

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Trump seriously miscalculated with the world against him.    He is now threatening Iraq.  His go to move is the Twitter threat.   Europeans are laughing at him.  All of this situation is completely his making.   Everybody knows he is afraid. 

Posted Image

33 minutes ago, Akkula said:

We all knew it was a mistake to make him CIC.  He is a loose cannon to give nukes to.  Nukes would have taken out Hanoi too, why didn't we just nuke em?  Why didnt we nuke the Chinese in Korea?  Unfortunately Trump may be as simple minded as you. 

At least he's not a brain-dead Caribbean slop hitter like you.

Tactical Nukes probably would have put an end to the hostilities in Hanoi and Korea. But you're right, it was better to waste tens of thousands of American lives on it instead.

10 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

At least he's not a brain-dead Caribbean slop hitter like you.

Tactical Nukes probably would have put an end to the hostilities in Hanoi and Korea. But you're right, it was better to waste tens of thousands of American lives on it instead.

I agree it would’ve ended hostilities quickly. But it also would’ve set a very dangerous precedent. Russia would be emboldened to use them in any ground conflict.  They probably would’ve been used in Georgia by the Russians. Anyway I’ll step out of the convo. You guys seem to have this well in hand. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

I agree it would’ve ended hostilities quickly. But it also would’ve set a very dangerous precedent. Russia would be emboldened to use them in any ground conflict.  They probably would’ve been used in Georgia by the Russians. Anyway I’ll step out of the convo. You guys seem to have this well in hand. 

I'm not sure why he's dragging it out to where he is. All I said was that if Iran killed one of our elected leaders or cabinet members, as many on here have claimed they can do now, including Akkula, Iran would probably end up irradiated. And it would. I don't know what's so controversial about that idea.

3 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Sure but that’s not my question.  And Trump has already tweeted he would do it.  So my unanswered question to @Bob, @modestobulldog, @NorCalCoug, @robe, @Nevada Convert and other Trumpers is will you support his actions if he goes through with it?   So far, silence

Sorry, too busy to keep up with this.  I already responded that I don't support intentional destruction of cultural sites, nor strictly civilian areas.  But I don't want to get into an endless discussion of what is (un)acceptable targets.

110926run_defense710.jpg

11 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm not sure why he's dragging it out to where he is. All I said was that if Iran killed one of our elected leaders or cabinet members, as many on here have claimed they can do now, including Akkula, Iran would probably end up irradiated. And it would. I don't know what's so controversial about that idea.

I don’t think they would be irradiated unless they used a nuke against our forces in the Middle East, or smuggled one into the country and set it off here.  But if the killed a high level elected official we would crush them, it would make the invasion of Iraq look like child’s play (say what you want about the occupation but the invasion and toppling of the Iraqi government was a resounding military success). We would commit everything we had to crushing them and there’s not a damn thing they could do to stop it. 

7 hours ago, mugtang said:

I don’t think they would be irradiated unless they used a nuke against our forces in the Middle East, or smuggled one into the country and set it off here.  But if the killed a high level elected official we would crush them, it would make the invasion of Iraq look like child’s play (say what you want about the occupation but the invasion and toppling of the Iraqi government was a resounding military success). We would commit everything we had to crushing them and there’s not a damn thing they could do to stop it. 

Well that is the easy part but what comes after?  Are we going to spend 50 years nation building there after getting more troops killed in the guerrilla insurgency or do we just walk away and let it become a failed state with as bunch of pissed off people?  @Joe from WY idea of nuclear genocide may actually be easier to just rid the world of pesky Iranians and "sanitize" the place by killing militants and innocent women and children with nukes.  Those kids eventually become militants anyway..amIright?!?

Posted Image

10 hours ago, mugtang said:

I think ground fighting in Iran would be a little different than our adventure in Iraq. Too many mountains. 

26 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

I think ground fighting in Iran would be a little different than our adventure in Iraq. Too many mountains. 

It'd likely be somewhere between Iraq and Afghanistan.

27 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

You’re probably right.  But I’m not advocating to attack Iran anyway.  All I’m saying is if they killed a high ranking official we would be more committed to destroying their government than we were Iraq.  

3 hours ago, Akkula said:

Well that is the easy part but what comes after?  Are we going to spend 50 years nation building there after getting more troops killed in the guerrilla insurgency or do we just walk away and let it become a failed state with as bunch of pissed off people?  @Joe from WY idea of nuclear genocide may actually be easier to just rid the world of pesky Iranians and "sanitize" the place by killing militants and innocent women and children with nukes.  Those kids eventually become militants anyway..amIright?!?

I’m not advocating for an invasion of Iran so :shrug: