mugtang

RIP Jackmormon

On 12/31/2019 at 12:56 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’d echo others here in saying that while we argued plenty and often passionately, it was never with any malice. I mourn for his family. It is regrettable he never let his struggles known to this community so that we could let him know all these things whilst he lived, but completely understandable.

As iron sharpens iron one man betters another. He made me a sharper thinker, debater, and forced me to have a more critical eye as to my thoughts and beliefs. This place will be all the less without him. And if any of you are going through personal struggles please know that these are good people. Our debate and disagreements have their purpose, but these are people with good hearts that hold no ill will towards anyone. He would chuckle, but Godspeed Jack. You have been lately and will always be missed.

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

I agree with the sentiment, of course. But @jackmormonwas a fearless poster, particularly on the OT forum, and some posters didn’t always appreciate that. And I’d argue that malice was at the heart of the reactions of a small, vocal minority. Jackmormon was ALWAYS up for the challenge, though, and for that he always had my respect.

He will be missed by you, me, and many others. RIP

• Like 5

21 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Slowly people here will just disappear and we’ll never know what happened, I’m sure there are a few already.

Let me just say I have no intention of going quietly.

Anywhere. 

Someone mentioned who we are is not always who we seem to be on the MB. Maybe we could show our respect for jackmormon by trying to connect with each other in...a less adversarial manner? Learn who we all are outside of the MB and let some of the ire go.

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1

One of the Final Five..........

I guess in order to keep the population of USU fans on here afloat, I'll start posting again. It's been three years, and I've lurked almost every day, but stopped posting due to what I felt was a conflict of interest. Anyhow, Jackmormon was an active participant in USU alumni events and fundraisers, which my wife runs. Guys like Jack get flowers sent to their funerals when they die from the alumni association. I'll make sure the sentiments here are shared in the form of an arrangement of some kind. Thank you all for pausing to remember a fellow traveler.

• Like 5

Another example of life being too short and what's really important.. Kudos to @mugtang for posting this thread.. I'm sure just about everyone has been touched one way or another by cancer in their lives... Another reminder that there's real people behind these handles.. Jackmormon and I agreed on a lot of things about BYU... That's for sure. I'm glad his family used that pic.. Looks happy and full of life....

Happy Trails bro...

• Like 4