mugtang

RIP Jackmormon

It is with sad news that I tell you @jackmormon has passed away.  It appears he was battling cancer the last few months which explains his absence.  I will miss his posting on the board.  God speed good sir.  

https://www.legacy.com/amp/obituaries/hjnews/194871245

• Like 1
  • Sad 35

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Rest In Peace Jack. Although we disagreed on politics, I always thought you were a good man. I also miss your presence on this board. +++++ cancer.

• Like 9

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, toonkee said:

Dang. 

Good time to pause and think about that we are all real people here fighting our own battles and doing the best we can and maybe we should act a little better sometimes.

Amen to that sentiment.

Rest in peace @jackmormon Blessings to your family.

• Like 2

Damn... Jack and I had our disagreements over the years, but he was a good guy. The MWC Board won’t be the same without him. Rest In Peace my friend. 

• Like 5

Wow, that’s really sad news. It was fun to spar with him on politics, especially since he was such a dedicated partisan. He’ll definitely be missed. Characters like that are what make this board more interesting and dynamic.

Fvcking cancer. They’re getting so close to curing some of the tougher cancers like pancreatic, liver etc. So it really sucks that these people couldn’t hang in there longer.

• Like 3

kat.jpg

I’d echo others here in saying that while we argued plenty and often passionately, it was never with any malice. I mourn for his family. It is regrettable he never let his struggles known to this community so that we could let him know all these things whilst he lived, but completely understandable.

As iron sharpens iron one man betters another. He made me a sharper thinker, debater, and forced me to have a more critical eye as to my thoughts and beliefs. This place will be all the less without him. And if any of you are going through personal struggles please know that these are good people. Our debate and disagreements have their purpose, but these are people with good hearts that hold no ill will towards anyone. He would chuckle, but Godspeed Jack. You have been lately and will always be missed.

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

• Like 13
  • Cheers 2

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

19 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’d echo others here in saying that while we argued plenty and often passionately, it was never with any malice. I mourn for his family. It is regrettable he never let his struggles known to this community so that we could let him know all these things whilst he lived, but completely understandable.

As iron sharpens iron one man betters another. He made me a sharper thinker, debater, and forced me to have a more critical eye as to my thoughts and beliefs. This place will be all the less without him. And if any of you are going through personal struggles please know that these are good people. Our debate and disagreements have their purpose, but these are people with good hearts that hold no ill will towards anyone. He would chuckle, but Godspeed Jack. You have been lately and will always be missed.

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know