Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bignasty

Will BYU be able to defend their Hawaii Bowl runner-up trophy next year?

They have been pre-invited so it just comes down to if they can get 6 wins.  I don't see it happening.

Utah LOSS
Mich St LOSS
AZ State LOSS
Minnesota LOSS
Utah State 50/50
Missouri LOSS
Houston 50/50
NIU Win
Boise State LOSS
San Diego State LOSS
North Alabama easy WIN!!!
Stanford LOSS

Final Win Total between 2-10 and 4-8.

No, they will go undefeated and make the playoffs.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

8 hours ago, bignasty said:

They have been pre-invited so it just comes down to if they can get 6 wins.  I don't see it happening.

Utah LOSS
Mich St LOSS
AZ State LOSS
Minnesota LOSS
Utah State 50/50
Missouri LOSS
Houston 50/50
NIU Win
Boise State LOSS
San Diego State LOSS
Stanford LOSS

NIU will beat them.

10 hours ago, bignasty said:

Utah LOSS
Mich St LOSS
AZ State LOSS
Minnesota LOSS
Utah State 50/50
Missouri LOSS
Houston 50/50
NIU Win
Boise State LOSS
San Diego State LOSS
Stanford LOSS

Not so sure about the predication about next season's BYU vs BSU game.   I don't see Boise State as being very good next season (pause for cheers from fans of other MWC schools)

A.  Boise State has a starting quarterback who - IMO - is average at best.  I say that because he had only 9 TD passes in 2019 on 219 pass attempts (along with 6 interceptions).  That's one TD pass for every 24.33 pass attempts and that's not average - it's well below average.

B. That same BSU qb was hit, over and over and over and over again in the first 7 games in 2019 - with an offensive line that returned all five starters from 2018.  In 2020 his offensive line has only ONE returning starter coming back

C. Boise State lost ALL of their starting defensive line as well..........all four of them.  And the backups to those starters were nothing out of the ordinary except for maybe Demitri Washington (at STUD)

D. Boise State lost their best wide receiver in John Hightower.

P.S. Rating BYU with a 50/50 chance of beating Houston is very generous IMO.

12 hours ago, bignasty said:

Utah LOSS
Mich St LOSS
AZ State LOSS
Minnesota LOSS
Utah State 50/50
Missouri LOSS
Houston 50/50
NIU Win
Boise State LOSS
San Diego State LOSS
Stanford LOSS

That's really a pretty awesome schedule, win or lose.

If the goal is being nationally relevant, and it is, that's the kind of schedule they need.

26 minutes ago, renoskier said:

That's really a pretty awesome schedule, win or lose.

If the goal is being nationally relevant, and it is, that's the kind of schedule they need.

You need to be at least competitive otherwise the value is less than sand in a desert.  How many big names do programs like Illinois, Mississippi State, Kansas play each year yet none of them are nationally relevant in football.  Being a whipping boy is no way of achieving relevancy. 

Which team between 1984 and the 2020 BYU team is going to be more nationally relevant?  Now look at the schedule. Winning, that is what matters and better to have a few games (1-3) against other nationally relevant teams and win than more (7-9) and lose a bunch.