Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gold-n-brown

AZ Bowl

11 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

37k attendance.  Pretty darn good.  Even if it’s tickets sold.

Gotta shout out to Tucson locals. Met dozens of them and super friendly. Well produced bowl by Nova Home Loans.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Looking forward to 2020, Wyoming has a mish mash for OOC.   An obligatory FCS. Followed by at studly Louisiana (the other studly one, not LSU),  Hosting up Utah.  And then at MAC land Ballsy State. 

4-zip coming outta the gate in 2020?  Hmm..tough chore with games 2 and 3.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

25 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Gotta shout out to Tucson locals. Met dozens of them and super friendly. Self-produced Nova Home Loans.

+1. I’ve been to four bowls with USU in the last decade (Potato, NM, Poinsettia, and AZ) and the AZ bowl has easily been my favorite. Spent three days down in Tucson... the locals were great, some good places to eat, there’s stuff to do, the bowl was well-organized and the pregame festivities were awesome. Not to mention AZ Stadium is a nice venue and it was 80 degrees at kickoff. No complaints other than we screwed the pooch against the sags.

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

14 minutes ago, aggzilla said:

+1. I’ve been to four bowls with USU in the last decade (Potato, NM, Poinsettia, and AZ) and the AZ bowl has easily been my favorite. Spent three days down in Tucson... the locals were great, some good places to eat, there’s stuff to do, the bowl was well-organized and the pregame festivities were awesome. Not to mention AZ Stadium is a nice venue and it was 80 degrees at kickoff. No complaints other than we screwed the pooch against the sags.

You’re not wrong. Tucson has been fantastic. Beautiful place, good folks, nice weather and great campus (the USS Arizona memorial on the west end of the campus mall is really cool). 
Arizona Stadium is smaller than I thought, but nice nonetheless.

Wyo fans were great. A lot of em only had to drive an hour or so, though, as a bunch winter in AZ. The rest of us have to figure out why we’re voluntarily going back to two feet of snow and single digit temperatures tomorrow.

1 hour ago, aggzilla said:

It’s why this bowl was very well received from the start and no surprise it is our #2 bowl in the next cycle.

Fun game to watch.  That was great to see Pokes make all those 3rd down conversions and big plays and receivers catch the ball!  If Wyoming can have that type of offense next year should be a great year and Pokes get all their toughest games at home.  

12 hours ago, PokeTransplant said:

Levi is a JA clone.

Let's not get carried away. The kid looked good but Georgia State gave up 36 ppg this year playing in maybe the worst league in FBS football.

Boom goes the dynamite.