Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Naggsty Butler

USU beats Eastern Oregon by 68

Final score 129-61.

Highest scoring game since USU lost to UNLV 142-140 in 4OT in 1985.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

9 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Yes.  Pretty weeny of USU to schedule this far down.

Agreed. And I personally wouldn’t be pounding my chest about beating a school where @ph90702 could start at power forward. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

16 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

No one should be boasting about laying it on an NAIA school. But it is pretty common for D1 schools to play lower level schools during the holidays. These games don’t count in for anything. They are essentially glorified practice games. USU’s two best players didn’t play. One key reserve played for the first time in over a month after having his appendix removed. Two other reserve players were still at their homes for the Christmas break.

Eastern Oregon is an NAIA school. It offers basketball schollies. There are three NCAA division - D1, D2 and D3. D2 offers schollies but D3 does not. NAIA is better basketball than D3 basketball. As a reminder, Wyoming currently leads D3 Nebraska Wesleyan by 7 points at halftime, after being up by only 2 with 4 minutes left in the half.  Pretty weeny of Wyoming to schedule that far down.😉

1 hour ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Dude...  we're playing Nebraska Wesleyan today.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

I guess Mark Few called Rice and kicked him around over scheduling this game with CSUN (who has 3 wins...).  But it had more to do with coming back from Hawaii and having one day to practice.   For the Broncos it seems like it's more about getting KIgab more floor time and that was a major success today.

6 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

What's an Eastern Oregon?

The team that allowed USU to get the whole team healthy before the showdown with the Tecs next Saturday. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

17 hours ago, Naggsty Butler said:

Final score 129-61.

Highest scoring game since USU lost to UNLV 142-140 in 4OT in 1985.

Wow!  What happened to the Aggies?  They should have beat them by triple digits.  We’re seeing that USU is not as good as they they think they are!