TheSanDiegan

FFS does *anybody* in the AAC play D?

23 minutes ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

...and 10 win Utah is going to beat Texas.  

That same bowl contract gave us one of the most exciting games of all time a couple years ago.  You wont hear the folks at the Alamo Bowl complaining about this years pairing.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

I dunno the top ranked scoring defense UCF faced was Cinci at 30 who held you guys to 24.  Utah (13.2 avg pts) is significantly better on D than Cinci (21.7).  I would expect UCF to get 7-14 against Utah.  Unfortunately we won't know because the bowl selection committee/bowl contracts made some horrific matchups so we get to watch 10 win ND completely wax a 7 win  Iowa State, a 9 win SDSU take out an overmatched CMU, and 10 win Utah is going to beat Texas.  Too bad we couldn't have seen SDSU vs UCF that would have been an interesting one.

7 minutes ago, RSF said:

Texas has 10 on Utah in the early 2nd.

Wyoming wins 38-17, and that my friends is how you manage MWCBoard juju.

1 hour ago, RSF said:

Texas has 10 on Utah in the early 2nd.

Now 17 zip

24 to 3.  Utahs defense is good though.  Texas has managed about 285 yards thru 3.  Average is about 475.

Navy D v Kansas State D. The tell of the tape.

Topic closed until Cincinnati wipes out Boston College and the Tulane does whatever. 

In other defense things, it was Kentucky that proved it best today over Virginia Tech. 

Utah was in hangover runner up loss in PAC land.  Texas had nothing to lose other than its fired DC; however, San Antonio is like practically adjacent to south Austin.  Texas can definitely lose games in Austin..Utah decided to not show up in Texas.  Unlike wonky Arizona State in El Paso v hapless Florida State.  One of the PACs won in Texas today.  Should have been both of em. 

• Facepalm 1

Texas looked like world beaters tonight and Utah looked like the only thing they wanted to do is fight. Fine by me, I can’t stand the Utes, except when they routinely beat BYU.  

On 12/30/2019 at 2:50 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

In this current era the only way to beat UCF is to outscore them in an offensive battle.  No defense holds them to 10, that’s funny.

The Aztecs would. 

But, they wouldn't score either.