Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ltcpilot

Air Force vs Washington State

Hell of a win for AFA and the conference honestly. Outside of the Boise debacle, and arguably USU shitting the bed against Kent State, this has been a pretty good bowl season for the MWC up to this point. 

This was the best AFA team I have seen hands down. Where does this squad rank for you @ltcpilot?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

This was definitely one of the best teams we’ve had. Not to take anything away from many of the others. 2008-2015 when we went bowling almost every year had some great teams. So did some previously. It’s hard to judge Air Force in this regard. We will never be the conference leader like Boise or SDSU. Even with larger than normal players this year, we won’t ever get the really big boys or the 4&5 star players. Those players just don’t go to the academies.

But we try and make up for it with speed and smart play calling. Could you imagine what we’d be like if we had a good pass defense? We’ve done well over the years developing an offense that pisses teams off, controls the clock, and scores points. If we could even have a middle of the road pass defense, covering receivers, and putting pressure on the QB, we’d have the total package. Unfortunately, we can’t totally bring in players to learn a style completely. We have to see what strengths our players have and adapt the play calling to them. Some years, like with Tim Jefferson in 2008-2011, we passed a lot more. With players like our running backs now, we run more. 

That’s actually one of the reasons I believe Air Force is usually a decent team. Each year there’s enough difference to keep teams guessing. But what I wouldn’t give to have the Boise and navy game back this year. But that’s the life of college football. All the would of, could of, should of’s don’t mean Shiite. That’s why the game is played.

Great season for the falcons, and a great season for the MWC overall. Come on Cowboys and Reno. Finish the season off right and make us proud.

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

Good game Air Force and congrats on the season.
As for this game I remember thinking man Leach take the points, but hey I guess TOP doesn't matter, Leach played right into AFA's game.

On 12/28/2019 at 10:44 AM, madmartigan said:

This was the best AFA team I have seen hands down. Where does this squad rank for you @ltcpilot?

Maybe the best but  if not definitely one of the best in the last 15 years. I cringe at the thought of losing to Navy with 23 seconds to go. However that loss  may have spring boarded us to refocus and win the final eight wins in a row and finish a  11 and 2 season. 

It’s Official: Air Force is the Cheez-It Bowl Champion

With little to no breaks from the script Air Force ran the ball over, through and around WSU’s defense and it was the rushing attack that scored more points than the ‘Air America’ attack of WSU. But as exceptional as the offense was the game ball should go to the ‘bend but don’t break’ defense of the Falcons. Yes, WSU scored three times and moved the ball through the air but the defenses two goal line stops and forcing the one fumble in the game were cornerstones to the win.

Shoutout to the offensive line for dominating for 40 minutes. Standout running game saw Remsberg go over 1000 yards on the season and both he and Birdie have over 100yards in the game.....More at https://bit.ly/30Ms9xP Rick '77

..GO FALCONS..