Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Do you enjoy the Hallmark channel? If so, you are probably a Nazi.

https://www.salon.com/2019/12/25/hallmark-christmas-movies-fascist-propaganda/

"When most of us think about fascistically propagandistic movies, we think of the grotesque grandeur of Leni Riefenstahl's films celebrating the Third Reich — grand, but cold sweeping shots of soldiers goose-stepping and flags waving, all meant to inspire awe and terror. But the reality is, even in Nazi Germany, the majority of movies approved by the Nazi minister of propaganda, Joseph Goebbels, were escapist and feather-light, with a Hallmark movie-style emphasis on the importance of "normality."

6 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Bruh no troll Derby this year and if there was the title is mine. I got stunner to get a time out and then literally make 250 posts in a tantrum display.

I saw that, that was good work.

What are your thoughts on the Hallmark channel and JK Rowling?

8 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Bruh no troll Derby this year and if there was the title is mine. I got stunner to get a time out and then literally make 250 posts in a tantrum display.

Hey now, you can't take sole credit for that. :D 

16 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

https://www.salon.com/2019/12/25/hallmark-christmas-movies-fascist-propaganda/

"When most of us think about fascistically propagandistic movies, we think of the grotesque grandeur of Leni Riefenstahl's films celebrating the Third Reich — 

What are you if you go to the trouble of reading the entirety of that internet version of The RIse and Fall of the Third Reich?

Boom goes the dynamite.

16 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

As you should be, to not be outraged would make one complicit.

“Hallmark-style” is an insane way to describe it but interestingly enough Goebbels did try and insert Nazi themes into otherwise innocuous movies

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

7 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

“Hallmark-style” is an insane way to describe it but interestingly enough Goebbels did try and insert Nazi themes into otherwise innocuous movies

One thing everyone should agree on .... as evident from his films, Goebbels was a notorious emoji-phobe. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 12/26/2019 at 6:48 PM, toonkee said:

Yes sir. Team effort.high five hoda kotb GIF

On 12/26/2019 at 6:41 PM, retrofade said:

Hey now, you can't take sole credit for that. :D 

Animated GIF

That was a nice build up and climax.