Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

OT: The three all time favorite highlights by your NFL team

For my Seahawks, it has to be these three:

3. Percy Harvin’s Super Bowl dagger.

2. Beast Mode breaking 9 tackles on a single carry.

1. Steve Largent destroying some donk.

How about for your team? Please provide YouTube clips in this format. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, dshawfan said:

My team, The San Diego Chargers, no longer exists. F the NFL and F the Spanoy! 

The ONLY memory choose to carry with me after 56 years as a fan.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

NFL films says this is the number one NFL playoffs performance of all time :

https://youtu.be/CIlI1upRSm4

The biggest moment I personally witnessed, was Leslie 'Speedy' Duncan being the first NFL player to return an interception 100 yards. He pick sixed Len Dawson right next to the NE boundary to seal the win. We were sitting on the 25 yard line on the same side of the field.  It's like we were in the play ourselves.

Speedy also set an NFL record by returning a punt, fumble and blocked fg for scores in the same game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

I don’t know if it’s the post cookie and alcohol Christmas hangover or the realization that I’ve wasted many autumns rooting for this sorry lot, but trying to come up with three for the Bengals is making me depressed.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

My favorite highlights of the season are every time a team scores on the Cowboys and watching Jerrah put his hands over his face is pain.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

21 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

The ONLY memory choose to carry with me after 56 years as a fan.

What about Winslow’s epic performance against Miami? Or LT setting the TD record? 

Just now, Slapdad said:

What about Winslow’s epic performance against Miami? Or LT setting the TD record? 

1. We got our asses kicked the next week in Cincinnati

2. Marlon McCree

They're L.A. 's memories now.  Let the die Hard LA fans carry that pain.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

21 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

1. We got our asses kicked the next week in Cincinnati

2. Marlon McCree

They're L.A. 's memories now.  Let the die Hard LA fans carry that pain.

What does what happened in Cincy the next week have anything to do with it? The Bolts making it to the SB was your highlight and they proceeded to get trounced by SF. Don't be such a Debbie Downer. 

1. Dennis Gibson defending O'Donnell's pass in the endzone in the '94 AFC Championship Game, sending the Chargers to their first-ever Superbowl.

2. LT's record-breaking TD against Denver in '06.

3. Kellen Winslow coming back on to the field after requiring oxygen on the sidelines to block a FG in 2OT AFC Divisional Playoff win against the fish in '82.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

55 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

That's funnyAF. I was there in '06 and was vacillating between tears and shouts watching on TV in '82 against Miami - those were exactly my other two biggest memories as a (former) Charger fan. :cheers:

Fourth would be Miami's missed FG at the end of the '94 Divisional Playoff game, sending us to Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship game. There were 8 of us who all had seats together and my buddy and his brother brought cigars and single-serving bottles of champagne - when Miami missed the FG, they busted them out and passed them around. Our usher, who had known us after three years in the same seats, came over to confiscate them, but acquiesced after a little pleading on our part.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Beast Mode in 2010

Sherman v. Crabtree

#1 though: Killing the Donks in the Super Bowl

Don't let the highlights confuse you into thinking I'm some kind of bandwagoning asshole. Quite the contrary. I remember the constant rumors of being moved to LA in the 90s, and also throwing shit at the TV when Vinny Testaverde got his helmet (but not the ball) across the goal line, costing Dennis Erickson his job, and I also remember the last game in the Kingdome like it was yesterday, which was complete with a vintage Dan Marino collectively ripping out the hearts of Seattle one last time. The 90s and 00s were a dark time as a Seahawk fan and I was born in the late 80s so I missed out on some of the great 80s moments. Though I will say Warren Moon coming to play for the Seahawks is still probably my all time favorite moment, though it wasn't much of a highlight in hindsight. Also the 2005 NFC Championship was pretty awesome at the time too, if bittersweet considering they got gypped by the refs in the ensuing Super Bowl 40.

My all-time favorite highlight would be if they went back to the old school retro uniforms with the silver helmets and royal blue full time. But that will probably never happen.