Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Biggest Inaccuracies in Movies

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

How many people have nightmares and suddenly wake up by sitting up in bed? That’s always been used and I’ve never heard of anyone doing it. 

I’ve had a nightmare that caused me to wake up and sit straight up.  Only happened once and it was several years ago.  But I’d agree it’s exceptionally rare. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, CPslograd said:

Drinking pills out of a prescription bottle always makes me laugh.

I've never seen that done in real life.

I get irritated when a “fill in the blank badass character” chews tablets; it’s just so stupid. And yea it’s ridiculous as hell too when a character just pops open a bottle and indiscriminately chugs pills. Never seen a single person do either of those things in real life. 

51 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I get irritated when a “fill in the blank badass character” chews tablets; it’s just so stupid. And yea it’s ridiculous as hell too when a character just pops open a bottle and indiscriminately chugs pills. Never seen a single person do either of those things in real life. 

I have a buddy who often chews aspirin. 

34 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

What's with movie characters just laying in bed after sex? No towel or baby wipes for cleanup? No awkward waddle to the bathroom for the girl to pee?

Or kissing first thing in the morning. Nobody wants that.

I like the Westerns where a dirty sweaty guy comes from home after months of living off the land in a summer journey he took. And the first thing that happens is the crazy happy wife see’s him coming, and she runs to her husband and they lock mouths for a long ass kiss. Think about how horrid that dudes breath must be. No teeth brushing, no mouthwash, major tarter build up and stinky infected gums.....that would stink like a dead animal. 

It reminds me of when I was an auto adjuster for Farmer’s in the early 90’s, and my job was to investigate fraudulent claims. There was a very shady used car lot on El Cajon Blvd run by a bunch of Iranian guys right off the boat. They always looked mad, and could barely speak English. They got a new Jag and bought a full policy of insurance, and the agent insured it without actually looking at the car. The car didn’t exist, it was a paper car. These guys also had some help at the DMV. So they reported the Jag stolen. So just about every day, one of the Iranian dudes would come to our office counter and ask for me. Every time they’d ask for they payoff check, the guys breath would come into my face and I’d have to stand back to prevent from puking. Then we started getting death threats, fun times. 

kat.jpg

17 hours ago, CV147 said:

Another one I see often is swordplay in any action movie. Historical sword fighting was less fencing and more stab and slash.

Probably like this but with more stabbing.

Not to mention:

Historically,  most people had barely any armor.  A leather jerkin and a helmet at best,  and only the lords even had mail. Men at arms in full plate as above represented the cream. It would be like only showing battles today as jet fighter duels (it completely makes sense to re enact in this style though as if people could all afford plate they would have used it). 

Uniforms.  Uniforms are a pretty new invention and people included their own gear. Medieval armies looked a lot more hodgepodge than we imagine.

Fighting.  In every scene,  a big mass of guys just run at each other. That's a great way to get conquered by the other guy who stands in formation behind a shield wall. A lot of melees looked like a rugby scrum.

Sailing. You see boats sail at each other with sails trimmed identically.  I guarantee that the wind was not blowing behind two boats sailing at each other ever in history.  

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

20 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I was deeply disappointed in that film because it didn’t go for at least 4 hrs. 

Lol hell yeah! Hear that Oliver Stone? There are at least 2 customers that demand more of your vision of your conspiracy spaghetti. Give the people what they want!

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 12/25/2019 at 3:17 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

Six-shooters that never need to be reloaded. 

Or how about simply shooting a revolver or semi-auto indoors multiple times without ear protection and being able to hear and have a normal volume conversation immediately afterward .... 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Or how about simply shooting a revolver or semi-auto indoors multiple times without ear protection and being able to hear and have a normal volume conversation immediately afterward .... 

Even shooting outside, if you don't have hearing protection you'll wish you did.