Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Nevada vs Saint Marrys @chase center

4 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

So is this the typical Bill Walton wingman? Is he always this bitchy to Walton or just worn out after a long strange triple-header?

Yes to all of the above.  And there was even a fictional book written about them called Friend of the Devil.  Bill Walton and Dave Pasch investigate a kidnapping.

That’s game over.  Sucks because we had a chance to win this but couldn’t close the deal.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Oh well.  Love the fight.  Just not there yet. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I’d love to know where the hell these freezing cold stretches come from.  I mean the entire BYU game and the entire 2nd half of this game.  Multiple airballs and bricking layups-level of icy.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

We’re pretty defensible for teams with the athletes. Never leave Meeks and Jazz open at three, collapse when Drew and Harris drive. There’s no one worth kicking to when you do that. 

We’re the good bad team. We’ll beat all the bad teams, but can’t quite beat the good teams. That’s good enough for year one. NIT is out, kick ass in the CBI.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

34 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

We’re pretty defensible for teams with the athletes. Never leave Meeks and Jazz open at three, collapse when Drew and Harris drive. There’s no one worth kicking to when you do that. 

We’re the good bad team. We’ll beat all the bad teams, but can’t quite beat the good teams. That’s good enough for year one. NIT is out, kick ass in the CBI.

NIT is not out yet. 

7 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Nevada missed several chippies allowing the Gaels to pull away. Not impressed by the Gaels in this game. Good effort by the Pack. 

I was impressed with them. When you’re the top 3 point shooting team in the country and shoot  15% and you manage to win by driving the lane, that’s impressive. Nevada would have lost by 20+ if the percentages were reversed. That said, Ford for St Mary’s gets away with a lot of push offs and lean ins, initiating contacts that aren’t called. Could tell Jazz was pretty frustrated defensively. Our bigs are slowly coming around. Hopefully improved enough by conference tournament time to be dangerous like UNM was a couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, Sputnik46 said:

Listening to Walton’s incoherent ramblings was especially irritating when the Pack went cold in the second half.

I’ve never been a fan but my wife couldn’t have been more entertained. 27 Burning man mentions, Reno’s tech boom, some 1870’s Vermont Senator responsible for the land grant universities, nearly getting into a fist fight with the play by play guy over naming his daughter after It’s a wonderful life, and oh yeah...PLOTTING TO KIDNAP SYBONIS ONLY TO BE FOILED BY KGB AGENTS WITH GUNS DURING THE COLD WAR. I know I’m leaving out 500 other ridiculous things. It was a masterclass of insane color commentary.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

48 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’ve never been a fan but my wife couldn’t have been more entertained. 27 Burning man mentions, Reno’s tech boom, some 1870’s Vermont Senator responsible for the land grant universities, nearly getting into a fist fight with the play by play guy over naming his daughter after It’s a wonderful life, and oh yeah...PLOTTING TO KIDNAP SYBONIS ONLY TO BE FOILED BY KGB AGENTS WITH GUNS DURING THE COLD WAR. I know I’m leaving out 500 other ridiculous things. It was a masterclass of insane color commentary.

I found the Electoral College commentary a tad obtuse.

As for the game, Nevada played hard and scrappy and almost came out with a great win against an at-large team. Nevada’s biggest issue is that their lack of a post player with attacking skills means they have to spread you out and beat you off the bounce.  Harris, Drew, and Johnson do it pretty well but its hard for 40 minutes against good teams.

On 12/21/2019 at 11:37 PM, thatsmymammy said:

This team sucks. They let two players (Fits and Ford) beat 5 in the 2nd. light it up in the 1st and took a vacation in the 2nd no adjustments. wcc owns the mw pathetic. 

Drunk posting.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

On 12/22/2019 at 12:06 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

And hang that banner.

On 12/22/2019 at 7:47 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

What a long strange trip it's been.....

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman