Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kalua pig

hawai'i bowl

Go Rainbow Warriors ! 

Hope you put a Heisman-esque beat down on BYU.

https://images.app.goo.gl/zWezWrXM7HAmjLdA8

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Last year's Hawai'i bowl didn't feel right with it being on the 22nd. This year, it seems more fitting. Christmas eve game, against an old WAC rival. 

My late uncle lived in Hawai'i for a while and whenever he visited the family for Christmas, it always seemed like the Hawai'i Bowl was on in the background on Christmas eve. The Hawai'i/Houston game comes to mind in particular. 

I usually turn this bowl on just because...but it's fun to have more interest. May the best team win, let's hope it's a good competitive battle. Just watching Hawaii from afar in early winter will do me good.

Also wouldn't be shocked if I'm looking at airfare for January by halftime.

As I've said before - I really do miss the traditional WAC/MWC.

Both BYU and LDS Inc continue to make strategic choices that isolate them from ... many other things. Maybe we should go back to being good neighbors. Bring the other team cookies at half time. That kind of sock-hop shit that Cowboy Junkie always lampoons us with. But sneak some edible chips in there or something so ya'all are +++++ed up by Q4, then the Aztecs could rage about cheatin' cheaters.

All in fun - happy holidays old timers.

Go Cougars

Hawaii 

at Washington - 20-52

at Boise State - 37-59

vs San Diego State - 14-11

at Boise State - 10-31

Average: 20-38 

BYU

vs Washington - 19-45

vs Boise State - 28-25

at San Diego State - 3-13

Average: 17-28

Against common opponents, Hawaii's offense performed a little better than BYU's, and BYU's defense did a little better than Hawaii's.  The betting lines are close to even, and that seems about right.  I don't have a good feel for how this game will go.  My expectation is a close game, but I wouldn't be surprised with any outcome.  Should be pretty entertaining.

47 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Just for the fun of it, Over/under 16 McDonald incomplete passes, @HawaiiMongoose?

this is in honor of Eddie Stansberry missing 16 3's (1/17) vs Washington.

@jdgaucho , I’m not a gambling man but I’d bet a donut that Cole will throw fewer than 16 incompletions today.

Poor Stansberry, it was tough to watch him struggle so badly last night.  He’s a good all-around player and a great kid off the court, but the absolute personification of a streak shooter.

37 minutes ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

@jdgaucho , I’m not a gambling man but I’d bet a donut that Cole will throw fewer than 16 incompletions today.

Poor Stansberry, it was tough to watch him struggle so badly last night.  He’s a good all-around player and a great kid off the court, but the absolute personification of a streak shooter.

I'm not that confident.  I'd probably only be willing to bet a donut hole.