Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Man Takes a Dump in San Francisco Safeway

14 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

How does that solve the problem ?

There was a thread on the Seattle homeless on this board about a year ago that talked about a city in the east that had a good program that had significantly reduced the problem. I can’t remember the city, but it sounded like a good program. They looked at each reason for homelessness and treated each different. 

Here is the video. The discussion about the eastern city program is in the last 5-10 minutes of the video.

15 hours ago, Rocket said:

ronald reagan laughing GIF by The Academy Awards

You aren't wrong, but deinstitutionalization was strongly supported by both sides at the time. And its time we bring the institutions back...

Besides, California has been run by liberals in the 40 years since Reagan yet the problem has only gotten worse. Blaming someone from 40+ years ago for a current problem, doesn't exactly highlight your problem solving abilities.

32 minutes ago, bigd said:

You aren't wrong, but deinstitutionalization was strongly supported by both sides at the time. And its time we bring the institutions back...

Besides, California has been run by liberals in the 40 years since Reagan yet the problem has only gotten worse. Blaming someone from 40+ years ago for a current problem, doesn't exactly highlight your problem solving abilities.

Ya no you see the cons above blaming "lefty libs". Just setting it straight not blaming exactly. 

I think there is a big homeless problem in almost every major American city: Liberal, Conservative, it doesn't matter much. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

You know what though, if I needed surgery or any type of serious procedure send me to San Francisco where they have the best doctors in the country and I'll have the best chance of surviving.

I’ve been to San Francisco 5 times and have witnessed 10 public dumps. 

Man vs parking meter while getting a ticket

Man between 2 police cars

Man vs the Pier 

Woman in a dress outside a bar puking into a car window,  business end to the street

Woman outside a liquor store near the Giants stadium 

Man vs open guitar case

Large human in a dress and heels, I’m assuming in self defense, when unable to run away after an exchange of goods gone wrong

Man in the lobby at the Grand Hyatt

Woman vs trolley tracks

Man between busses after the Kraft Hunger Bowl - 68% sure it wasn’t me

Oddly enough, in my experience the public dump per visit ratio has also been 2 PDPV in places like NYC, Austin, Salt Lake, Orlando and Las Cruces, so I figure it’s just status quo. It’s also possible I need better tour guides/new friends. :shrug:

On 12/20/2019 at 2:11 PM, madmartigan said:

I think there is a big homeless problem in almost every major American city: Liberal, Conservative, it doesn't matter much. 

Exactly.  I think as a nation too many people are being left behind for a myriad of reasons.  Homelessness is a complex issue and there isn't a magic bullet to solve it.  Off the top of my head some of the reasons:

1.  Mental health which is a big problem in this country.  

2.  Drug use.  Another huge problem and only getting worse.

3.  Expensive housing which is outpacing wage growth

4.  Lack of jobs for low skilled workers where you can make ends meet.