Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AKram

Early signing day done (ish). Thoughts on commits?

10 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Ahhhhhhhh.  Yeah, sears probably isn't bucking that trend.

He was ahead of Slovis on the depth chart, and he looks to be pretty solid at USC. He’s the most talented QB SDSU has had in my lifetime and the only guy that comes close is Lindley.

7 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

2020:

Laduke - Sparks, NV (.8808) to Oregon

Wright - Reno (.8654) to SDSU

Kaho - Reno  (.8390) to SDSU

2019: 

McNamara - Reno (.9052) to Michigan

Dooley - Fallon, NV (.8395) to Boise

Dixon - Reno (.8204) to Fresno

Draeger - Reno (.8098) to SDSU

Kolb - Reno (.7882) to AFA

2018:

Kaho - Reno (.9448) to Alabama

Werbecks - Reno (.7798) to Nevada

Hamilton - Reno (.7597) to Nevada

2017:

Mauga - Fallon (.8187) to Fresno

I like that you organized this list but it’s simplistic at best. A handful of players are missing. There is no “tier” system in northern Nevada football. Most of the kids are either walk-ons or had limited options because of grades. OR are high major recruits. NN produces 1-3 FBS players per year on average. 

On 12/18/2019 at 11:23 AM, AKram said:

CSU sniped one from Maryland. Kyjuan Herndon (RB, Jacksonville) who had offers from Arkansas, Boston College (probably how Coach Dude got him), Colorado, Kansas, Michigan State, Minnesota and Vanderbilt plus others.

Otherwise a group of kids from Colorado, 1 CA, 1 PA, 2 TX so looks like Coach Dude (or someone on the current staff) is able to do some work west of the Mississippi. No one really to write home about, but maybe players that can be coached up. James Mitchell (d-tackle, TX) might start right away and could be someone to watch.

We had four verbals go elsewhere and that was to be expected. I think one that hurts most is Weston Wallace (O-tackle, Georgia) since our line looks like a ghost town right now. Coach Dude has some work ahead of him for the Feb signing day. 

The Georgia SEC pipeline is dead.  Who were the four?

2 hours ago, Castle Ram said:

The Georgia SEC pipeline is dead.  Who were the four?

If by "who were the four" you meant that de-committed:

Josh Henderson, linebacker, Grace Brethren (California): One of two the Rams lost on the eve of signing day. The tackle machine decommitted Tuesday night. He also has offers from Fresno State, Air Force, Utah State and Army.
Weston Wallace, offensive tackle, Gatewood School (Georgia): Announced Tuesday night he was decommitting "due to coaching changes." Has no other reported offers.
Briceon Hayes, defensive end, Huntsville (Texas): The three-star recruit committed to the Rams on Aug. 9, but decommitted on Oct. 2. He committed to Sam Houston State in early December.
Griffin Brewster, quarterback, Darlington School (Georgia): The three-star pro-style quarterback committed to CSU on Nov. 3, but decommitted on Dec. 11, shortly after CSU parted ways with coach Mike Bobo. He hasn't publicly committed to a new school yet.

Giving our class a C.  The 3* RB with 20+ offers including major P5 schools salvages it from a D.

No QB and 1 OL. If we don't get 2 QBs and 5 more OL I'm giving us an F (transfers included)

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

2 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

Giving our class a C.  The 3* RB with 20+ offers including major P5 schools salvages it from a D.

No QB and 1 OL. If we don't get 2 QBs and 5 more OL I'm giving us an F (transfers included)

Sounds like Coach Dude is definitely looking for more OL recruits for Feb. I can't find the link (which presser/interview) but he said that it will be a priority.

Collin Hill has opted to transfer (grad transfer) and I'm still waiting for Patrick O'Brien to transfer as well since he left Nebraska because of Frost's run/option offense not fitting his pro-style preferences. Coach Dude's offense in the past has been Frost-like. If that's the case, then I'm hoping for a solid, and I mean solid, grad transfer who can play immediately otherwise our offense is screwed badly. 

20 minutes ago, AKram said:

Sounds like Coach Dude is definitely looking for more OL recruits for Feb. I can't find the link (which presser/interview) but he said that it will be a priority.

Collin Hill has opted to transfer (grad transfer) and I'm still waiting for Patrick O'Brien to transfer as well since he left Nebraska because of Frost's run/option offense not fitting his pro-style preferences. Coach Dude's offense in the past has been Frost-like. If that's the case, then I'm hoping for a solid, and I mean solid, grad transfer who can play immediately otherwise our offense is screwed badly. 

What are you talking about? Addazios offense is nothing close to Frosts option style

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

3 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

Does the Palmer Ridge QB 2021 count?  Erickson and McCoy should be ready in 2021.  Agree about the OL not certain about QB

1 hour ago, dshawfan said:

Don't know how Sears will do, but sure do enjoy all the comments he's drawing from rival fan bases :thumbsup:

Remember the 3rd ranked 5***** (Malik Henry) QB at UNR last year? How about the KJ Kara-Samuel's project at CSU the year before that? This might be new to SDSUfan, but this happens every year

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Remember the 3rd ranked 5***** (Malik Henry) QB at UNR last year? How about the KJ Kara-Samuel's project at CSU the year before that? This might be new to SDSUfan, but this happens every year

Hell, we've been down this road before w Jake Rodriguez****, an Oregon Qb xfer a few years ago, never panned out. But if Sears turns out like Dennis Shaw, an SC xfer Qb,  did for us way back in the days of my youth....there'll be hell to pay! :D

16 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

Hell, we've been down this road before w Jake Rodriguez****, an Oregon Qb xfer a few years ago, never panned out. But if Sears turns out like Dennis Shaw, an SC xfer Qb,  did for us way back in the days of my youth....there'll be hell to pay! :D

Well, good luck with that

2 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

What are you talking about? Addazios offense is nothing close to Frosts option style

They are both run first, pass second (and in Addazio's case, if second... at least that was BC; it was run-run-short pass-punt). Frost likes to utilize his offensive linemen on pulls/runs and tackles pulling on QB runs (often). PO'B came to play in a pro-style, pass first offense with some great WRs for a QB head coach. That's what I meant by they are similar offensive minded coaches. If PO'B didn't like Frost's offense, I'm thinking he'll like Addazio's less.

2 hours ago, Castle Ram said:

Until he hires an OC we have no idea what his offense is

This is something that I don't get and have heard from some CSU buddies that say the same thing. Addazio is the Head Coach; it is his team and his offense/defense. In the end, he's the one who gets canned for failure. He's going to hire someone with an offensive philosophy similar to his. Why would he want to hire someone who's offensive ideology is foreign to him? If this is going to be the case, then why not just keep Bobo and hire good OC/DCs to run the game and let Bobo just recruit and pep talk the team before games?

1 hour ago, AKram said:

They are both run first, pass second (and in Addazio's case, if second... at least that was BC; it was run-run-short pass-punt). Frost likes to utilize his offensive linemen on pulls/runs and tackles pulling on QB runs (often). PO'B came to play in a pro-style, pass first offense with some great WRs for a QB head coach. That's what I meant by they are similar offensive minded coaches. If PO'B didn't like Frost's offense, I'm thinking he'll like Addazio's less.

This is something that I don't get and have heard from some CSU buddies that say the same thing. Addazio is the Head Coach; it is his team and his offense/defense. In the end, he's the one who gets canned for failure. He's going to hire someone with an offensive philosophy similar to his. Why would he want to hire someone who's offensive ideology is foreign to him? If this is going to be the case, then why not just keep Bobo and hire good OC/DCs to run the game and let Bobo just recruit and pep talk the team before games?

Just total fail. Complete fail in everything you said