Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeffkills

OT - 2019 King Of The One-Liners Award

Question?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are you dumber than a 5th grader?

So, since we're not doing the derby this year, I hereby replace/supplement it with this new annual MW Forum award – the annual MW King of the One-Liners Award

This year, and as I permit, each year, I shall be the judge over this award.

Here are rules for the annual MW King of the One-Liners Award:

1.     The winner of this award shall be made by an “official” public poll.

2.     The award winner is cool.

3.     No winner may be prohibited from entry into any year’s official poll, and any participant of this annual award may.     

4.     Poll participants must be nominated – I will hear self-nominations.

5.     The nomination period automatically shuts down - unless I hear a plea otherwise, within 3 days - of January 17, 2019, within (30) days.

6.     Nominees shall be entered into a public poll, which shall automatically expire on March 1, 2020, within (90) days.

7.     Poll winners shall win, but not more than two years in a row, in which case, the runner-up shall be deemed the winner.

8.     The Actual winners for all years shall be recorded and kept.  

9.     The judge of the rules for this MW King of the One-Liners Award, may be replaced yearly, by the prior year’s judge.

10.  Amendments to these rules may be made, by that years’ judge, unless I fundamentally disagree, and prohibit its application in this annual award.

11.  Amendments to these rules may, be subject to and controlled by public polling, as I shall allow.

12.  The period for nominations and self-nominations to be the current years’ clerk, who shall administer and operate this award, shall close on the clerk of this annual award shall close on Tuesday, December 24, 2019.

13.  The clerk shall be always be chosen by the judge within a one (1) week period.  

14.  The clerk shall keep these rules.

15.  Sock polling, by more than one sock, is prohibited.

16. Polling for nominations shall commence immediately after the bracket is formed, and for the first fifteen (15) days), starting January 18, 2019, such polling shall be private.  First Amendment*

17. This annual award shall commence each year, on the same date and terms, as those enumerated herein.  Second Amendment*

I may amend these rules at any time.

@Boise fan, I nominate you to be this years' clerk.

@halfmanhalfbronco, please fix the formating error on the first rule.

@mugtang, you're gay...

New-Signature.jpg

11 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Actually, I believe he is.  He’s previously mentioned it here or it was another Memphis fan.   

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

15 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

You?

Yer mom. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 12/17/2019 at 9:15 PM, Jeffkills said:

So, since we're not doing the derby this year, I hereby replace/supplement it with this new annual MW Forum award – the annual MW King of the One-Liners Award

3.     No winner may be prohibited from entry into any year’s official poll, and any participant of this annual award may.     

5.     The nomination period automatically shuts down - unless I hear a plea otherwise, within 3 days - of January 17, 2019, within (30) days.

6.     Nominees shall be entered into a public poll, which shall automatically expire on March 1, 2020, within (90) days.

7.     Poll winners shall win, but not more than two years in a row, in which case, the runner-up shall be deemed the winner.

9.     The judge of the rules for this MW King of the One-Liners Award, may be replaced yearly, by the prior year’s judge.

10.  Amendments to these rules may be made, by that years’ judge, unless I fundamentally disagree, and prohibit its application in this annual award.

11.  Amendments to these rules may, be subject to and controlled by public polling, as I shall allow.

12.  The period for nominations and self-nominations to be the current years’ clerk, who shall administer and operate this award, shall close on the clerk of this annual award shall close on Tuesday, December 24, 2019.

13.  The clerk shall be always be chosen by the judge within a one (1) week period.  

@Boise fan, I nominate you to be this years' clerk.

@halfmanhalfbronco, please fix the formating error on the first rule.

@mugtang, you're gay...

*Record Copy & Amendment

16. Polling for nominations shall commence immediatley after the bracket is formed, and for the first fifteen (15) days, starting on January 18, 2019, such polling shall be private...

New-Signature.jpg

7 hours ago, Cannibal Bob said:

I nominate:

@happycamper,

Come on man the list is for one liners, not painstakingly boring point by point treatises often just refuting a point that was ironic in the first place!

Also, I nominate @Reb Baron. Haven't seen him in a while but he was the king. @Brew_Poke is pretty good at drive-bys as well. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 12/17/2019 at 10:15 PM, Jeffkills said:

16. Polling for nominations shall commence immediately after the bracket is formed, and for the first fifteen (15) days), starting January 18, 2019, such polling shall be private.  First Amendment*

17. This annual award shall commence each year, on the same date and terms, as those enumerated herein.  Second Amendment*

And do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.