Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Mountain West Get New TV Rights Deals

15 hours ago, Billings said:

cbs sports part of youtube tv.  fs1 and fs2 also all there in base package.  good to go here

yep, been a subscriber to yt.tv since they began. Best channel line up for MWC football & basketball. They're more expensive than they used to be. Wish they'd go back to 34.99 deal. 

2 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/mar/31/mountain-west-commissioner-craig-thompson-says-gon/%3famp-content=amp

It was literally the first post on the first page of Google. For someone who likes to pretend to know everything and has a hard on for trying to prove people wrong, you sure don't to much background checking. 

There's nothing in that article that proves Thompson messed anything up. The Zags weren't coming to the MWC, Thompson just beat them to the punch with the disclosure.

If it was going to take some special incentive to lure Gonzaga to the MWC, Hair made the right call but cutting off the talks when he did.

15 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I had no idea YouTube TV had CBS sports. Thanks.

YW.   I just checked my channel line up for sports related channels: ESPN, ESPN U, ESPN News, ESPN 2, CBS Sports, FS1, FS2, Fox West, Fox San Diego Plus, NBC Sports Network, TBS, TNT, NBA TV, MLB, BTN, NBC Golf, Olympic Channel, Tennis Channel 

I don't have a special sports package either. 

29 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I had no idea YouTube TV had CBS sports. Thanks.

It's why I switched from Sling. I now have CBSSN, NBCSN, FS1&2, FS Arizona, SEC, ACC, plus the espn's, and I get local OTA stations for watching NFL football. Paying a bit more than Sling, but dropping Sling and Hulu basic takes the sting out of the cost.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

31 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

It says that Gonzaga was caught off guard and thought the talks were still in place. It says it in this article. The very first article I pulled up. You were wrong. Deal with it. Or better yet, go to the main Gonzaga board and look for a radio interview with Mike Roth. He says in the interview that the interest was there from both parties and was confused why the MWC backed away. If you don't wanna look I'll see if I can find it when I get back from my vacation. 

So how do you get form "Gonzaga was caught off guard" to "Hair phucked up". Those are mutually exclusive positions. One does not prove the other.

Hair obviously saw the writing on the wall and pulled the plug. Smart move.

6 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

It's why I switched from Sling. I now have CBSSN, NBCSN, FS1&2, FS Arizona, SEC, ACC, plus the espn's, and I get local OTA stations for watching NFL football. Paying a bit more than Sling, but dropping Sling and Hulu basic takes the sting out of the cost.

I'm the opposite.  After bowl season, I am dropping Hulu Live for Sling Blue (FS1&2, NFL network for $25/month with 3 streams).  The recent price increases of Hulu ($55/month) and YouTube TV ($50/month) without adding any additional content are not worth it IMO.  It is actually becoming cheaper to just bundle TV and internet through a traditional cable provider given these Hulu/YouTube price increases.

6 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Ya know what? I will just agree with you. I am married. I am used to agreeing with someone who is wrong. Happy now?

You pussy. Men are supposed to be the logical ones, your argument is completely devoid of logic and based solely on your emotional dislike for Craig Thompson.

Don't feel bad though, there's many here who are also crippled by their "Hair hate".

So anyways.....

Reporter for the SBJ retweeted his own tweet.  Meaning, presumably, he's sticking to his story.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

12 hours ago, Danimaji said:

Being in a bigger TV market isn't enough to make SDSU attractive. Not unless SDSU actually takes advantage of that market. SDSU doesn't sell as many tickets.

Nothing that a new stadium couldn't help...oh wait, there's one coming and the seats will be filled no doubt...plus over a decade of consistent winning in football and men's hoops doesn't hurt...

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

1 minute ago, Aztecs Rising said:

Nothing that a new stadium couldn't help...oh wait, there's one coming and the seats will be filled no doubt...plus over a decade of consistent winning in football and men's hoops doesn't hurt...

Will they? San Diego is a beautiful city, but it doesn't have a great record when it comes to sports. With such a massive city, SDSU should easily draw in more fans and viewers than BSU.

7 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

And I am sorry your sex life only goes about 2 inches deep.

For what it's worth I only consider BYU a true Boise State rival. Nevada, Fresno and Utah State are you know, rivals only in a sense that we have played them a lot throughout the years. A rival is someone you supposed to hate with a passion but respect a great deal. That is BYU. 

Serious question. Why does all of your basketball players look like the infected from the Will Smith movie I am Legend?

Has BYU's media numbers been leaked yet? Don't throw stones brother 

No leak needed to know they’re far greater than these crumbs.  

v0icAvfW.jpg

13 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I don’t know about that.  BYUs Oly sports are actually thriving in the WCC. They are nationally ranked in a number of Oly sports. Also, if you’ve checked the conference rankings the last few years WCC basketball has been on a par and are actually rated higher than MWC basketball this year. 

The reason I mentioned BSU Oly sports to the WCC is because SDSU and BSU Oly sports were going to be relegated to the California bus league (Big West) if both schools joined the Big East. That would have killed Boise State basketball. I can’t believe SDSU would have been very happy relegating their highly successful basketball program to the Big West either. 

Oly sports relegated?  Volleyball and baseball are annually multi-bid sports and cross country, tennis, track ain't bad either.   

First time around for hoops Boise won a regular season crown, had a conference POY and produced an NBA Draft pick.  Your program wasn't killed in the late 90s and it wouldn't be now.  That whole "destroying your program" allegation is overblown.

7 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

We need to get Boise into the WCC. 

They are a natural fit with the Pacific Northwest, Utah and Cali schools.

It's been a while but public schools were in the WCC once upon a time.

No love for Seattle or Cal Baptist though, huh?

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

It's been a while but public schools were in the WCC once upon a time.

No love for Seattle or Cal Baptist though, huh?

Neither has the appeal of Boise, who can bring half the State of Idaho (BYU brings the other half).

Just now, Ibanez said:

I thought Pacific had basically stopped being considered a religious institution? 

Yes.  But they're still a private institution.

44 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

First time around for hoops Boise won a regular season crown, had a conference POY and produced an NBA Draft pick.  Your program wasn't killed in the late 90s and it wouldn't be now.  That whole "destroying your program" allegation is overblown.

Also, the MWC hasn't exactly been killing the Big West when it comes to NCAA basketball tourney credits earning either.