Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Mountain West Get New TV Rights Deals

1 hour ago, fanhood said:

You realize that Liberty has had tremendous growth over the past decade? If they were a stock, they would be trending up.

If I were you, I would not let your politics, or beliefs get in the way of rationality. 

The hatred of Liberty is purely political. If one school deserves to be kicked out of every association on earth it's Penn St.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

2 hours ago, fanhood said:

You realize that Liberty has had tremendous growth over the past decade? If they were a stock, they would be trending up.

If I were you, I would not let your politics, or beliefs get in the way of rationality. 

Belief that a university should actually be for the good of students and not a for profit diploma mill that functions as a non profit?  

4 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Belief that a university should actually be for the good of students and not a for profit diploma mill that functions as a non profit?  

I know plenty of Liberty graduates who say that it was the best decision they ever made. Its all about preferences, I guess. Again, you should not let your political beliefs cloud your judgement on business decisions. Just my two cents.

1 hour ago, fanhood said:

I know plenty of Liberty graduates who say that it was the best decision they ever made. Its all about preferences, I guess. Again, you should not let your political beliefs cloud your judgement on business decisions. Just my two cents.

Nothing to do with political beliefs.  I just don't agree with for profit universities.  I am against Phoenix, University and similar universities as well.  

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/jerry-falwells-liberty-university-profit-nonprofit-garb/

I will admit that I personally don't like the Falwell family and believe they are con men that use the church and now a university for their personal gain, but it has nothing to do with politics.  I do find it absurd how little this university spends per student and how much money they are making.  I know that all universities make more than they should, but with all of these profits, more money should be going back into the student.  

I personally believe higher education is broken and there needs to changes at not for profit universities and and for profit universities (or maybe these should just be eliminated).  I think if you are Republican or Democrat you should be concerned with saddling kids with huge amounts of student loans and many of the loans come from backing from the US Government.  Republicans especially, or someone who believes in fiscal conservative government such as myself, really hates the idea of the government backing these loans so colleges can make a lot of money off of these students.