Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Mountain West Get New TV Rights Deals

26 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Up to 3.5 mil per school not named Boise or Hawai'i. Even though it may be less than the schools in the eastern/central time zones the bump in pay will help out schools like UNM to increase our recruiting budget and pay for better coaching. I don't care if we have late kickoffs show me the money!

No the article is somewhat incorrect. Per rules upon invitation, Hawai’i gets in the deal now with the new terms.

we don’t receive the $2.5m but we do receive the extra average on top of that. The $2.5m is still spread through the conference.

46 minutes ago, mugtang said:

@BSUTOP25 @halfmanhalfbronco I phucking called fox sports back in early September. 

I wish Fox Sports was the primary channel, their production is high quality and better picture quality. Not sad to see ESPN out of the deal. Will be curious to see how BSU's deal shakes out.

It's a shame we don't have the geographic advantage the AAC has. That's really the only advantage for them, but it's important. Still, this is fine. As long as I can see the games.

Though I was kind of hoping for some ESPN+ stuff, but that's an easy way to access a lot of games.

1 minute ago, Dimwhit said:

It's a shame we don't have the geographic advantage the AAC has. That's really the only advantage for them, but it's important. Still, this is fine. As long as I can see the games.

Though I was kind of hoping for some ESPN+ stuff, but that's an easy way to access a lot of games.

This is about best case scenario, if entirely accurate.

4 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

While there's no geographic advantage, the MWC still has the luxury of being one of only two FBS conferences west of the Rio Grande.  That counts for something.

6 minutes ago, trvitmvnz said:

Is Boise home package going to still be with ESPN? 

I would imagine, will be interesting to see how much they end up selling for and what amount Boise kicks back to the conference.  I would imagine they sell for 8-12 million, Boise keeps 4-6 and the rest gets kicked back to the conference.  

You guys are all welcome btw.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I would imagine, will be interesting to see how much they end up selling for and what amount Boise kicks back to the conference.  I would imagine they sell for 8-12 million, Boise keeps 4-6 and the rest gets kicked back to the conference.  

You guys are all welcome btw.

Im trying to see what going to happen with Hawaii 

Related image

2 minutes ago, trvitmvnz said:

Im trying to see what going to happen with Hawaii 

And I want to see what will happen with the RSNs.  Will they exist moving forward??

3 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

What is? $3 to $3.4 million for probably 7-8 years? Plus you don't have to worry about production cost and games can still be streamed on the MWC network. Considering time time zones and the small population out west, this is just less than a perfect case scenario unless I am missing something. It also keeps everyone in the MWC. No one is gonna jump ship for less. Unless Boise already jumped and they haven't announced it yet.

I just expected a bigger deal but it is what it is. I'll also miss ESPN but maybe FS1 will treat us well.

It’s still peanuts compared to what the P5 schools are getting. It’s truly amazing we can be competitive with most P5 teams. They have a huge advantage money wise. 

The biggest thing the G5 has going for it are roster sizes. The P5 can’t stockpile all the good players high schools produce. 

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s still peanuts compared to what the P5 schools are getting. It’s truly amazing we can be competitive with most P5 teams. They have a huge advantage money wise. 

The biggest thing the G5 has going for it are roster sizes. The P5 can’t stockpile all the good players high schools produce. 

Thank god for scholarship caps 

Related image

Just now, soupslam1 said:

One thing that helps as well is number of sports sponsored.  Go compare a run of the mill AAC schools athletics program with a run of the mill MWC athletics program.

21 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

While there's no geographic advantage, the MWC still has the luxury of being one of only two FBS conferences west of the Rio Grande.  That counts for something.

Sadly, it mostly counts for 8:15pm kickoffs.

5 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

Sadly, it mostly counts for 8:15pm kickoffs.

Better to be seen then vs not at all :shrug: plus a bump in pay