Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Mountain West Get New TV Rights Deals

The SBJ didnt say anything about 'signed'.  Only that there was an agreement.  So the denials are denials for stuff not being reported.  Could mean there is not yet a deal, or it means there is but talks continue on the details.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

8 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I don’t get all the vitriol for CBS sports unless it’s not a part of your TV package. When I watch games on TV it’s to watch the game, not listen to the announcers who are all blowhards on most channels. My picture and camera coverage of the game have been fine. So what’s the problem? 

It's the first thing you mentioned. Not part of standard packages, always an add on.

9 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I don’t get all the vitriol for CBS sports unless it’s not a part of your TV package. When I watch games on TV it’s to watch the game, not listen to the announcers who are all blowhards on most channels. My picture and camera coverage of the game have been fine. So what’s the problem? 

5 minutes ago, renoskier said:

It's the first thing you mentioned. Not part of standard packages, always an add on.

Exactly!

FS, NBCSN are on the standard packages in vast majority of cases for cable and satellite.

Via OTT platforms they are not available at all (Sling) or on the higher tiers (ATT Now)

9 hours ago, sactowndog said:

The original thought was providing Boise the extra dollars would be recouped by Access Bowl money.  Unfortunately, Boise has not been able to deliver the Access Bowl except on one occasion. 

Bsu sells its home games separately and provides programs like Fresno free money every year. You complaining about bsu not writing Fresno an ever bigger check isn’t surprising being from California and all. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

This almost seems like it could be a ploy by the MWC to have information inaccurately leaked to try and bring back other negotiating parties back to the table (such as ESPN).  If the MWC has to resort to these tactics to drum up interest and improve bargaining position, we are all in a lot of trouble.  

17 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

Exactly!

FS, NBCSN are on the standard packages in vast majority of cases for cable and satellite.

Via OTT platforms they are not available at all (Sling) or on the higher tiers (ATT Now)

Incorrect.  CBS Sports is a part of the standard package on Hulu Live and YouTube TV. 

10 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

What BYU seemingly gained by going Indie in football, they gave up three times as much by moving their Olys to the WCC.

I think Boise and SDSU recognized that when they backed away from the Big Least.

What exactly did BYU give up with their Oly’s by joining the WCC?  BYU’s Oly’s are thriving like never before. National Champions and National Runner -Up in Men’s and Women’s CC, Elite 8 Women’s soccer, Final 4 in Women’s VB last year, etc.  Only program to truly struggle has been Men’s BB, but that seems to be trending upward this season, as is the WCC as a whole.  I miss the MWC, but BYU’s Oly’s are far from suffering because of membership in the WCC. 

i used to absolutely despise cbssport with a passion, they are still terrible but have gotten drastically better 

every other network got a streaming option 6 or 7 yeas ago, cbs only went online like 2 years ago..i despised  them for those 3-4 years imbetween

why they are still horrible-

1- they dont come with the standard tv package, so no guarantee if you went to friends by chance, theyre high possibilities they wouldnt have the channel 

2- CBS dont make/release highlights for games on CBSSN even on their own website...which is odd

3- CBSSN doesnt have full game replays (every espn game is available for replay online)--used to be for free, now with espn+

4- cbs is very protective of its properties, they take down anyone who tries to put games on youtube afterwards...espn doesnt care 

5- lack iof viewership, if something big happened in the game, it got no media attention

before they had an online option, i hated games on cbssn, if you werent one of the few people that happened to have a cbssn tv package in front of you when the game was live, the game basically never happened..no way to rewatch it, no highlights and no one was going to be talking about it...at least now they have a way to access it via web when live 

11 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

What BYU seemingly gained by going Indie in football, they gave up three times as much by moving their Olys to the WCC.

I think Boise and SDSU recognized that when they backed away from the Big Least.

What the hell are you talking about?  BYU’s Olympic Sports have THRIVED in the WCC.  Most sports in that conference are superior to the MWC.  Exposure is better.  I don’t know if you’ve been following MWC basketball but it’s even debatable basketball is better here in the MWC the last several years.  You should really stick to discussing topics that you know something about....  which definitely does NOT include BYU or the WCC.

I miss BYU being in this conference for basketball but the WCC has been a more than adequate home.  Other Olympic Sports are undoubtedly in the better conference.

v0icAvfW.jpg

11 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I’m in Tennessee, so no.  And I said with traffic 45 mins from UCF.  Which in Florida at least isn’t bad.  38 miles is close by 98% of the countries measure...keep barking up that tree! On the coldest day of the year the water temps are 15 degrees warmer than the highest average water temp at any San Diego accessible beach.

Who.gives.a.f*ck?  Seriously?

39 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

If only Hair didn't mess up the Gonzaga add. Just imagine, we could of probably got BYU and St Mary"s as well. That would of gave us 12 for football, 14, for Olympic Sports, and we would of been the #1 basketball conference in the west.

But nooooooooo. Now, the WCC and MWC are neck and neck. Well this year the WCC is better.

Or Gonzaga and Wichita St.  Possibly the other or just 1 more

39 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

If only Hair didn't mess up the Gonzaga add. Just imagine, we could of probably got BYU and St Mary"s as well. That would of gave us 12 for football, 14, for Olympic Sports, and we would of been the #1 basketball conference in the west.

But nooooooooo. Now, the WCC and MWC are neck and neck. Well this year the WCC is better.

Lol...GU messed with us.  They only used us to sweeten the deal with the WCC.  Kinda like BSU did but without actually leaving the conference first.  I doubt they were that serious to move from the WCC.

7 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

Lol...GU messed with us.  They only used us to sweeten the deal with the WCC.  Kinda like BSU did but without actually leaving the conference first.  I doubt they were that serious to move from the WCC.

Few initiated it and wanted to leave the wcc. He was told no by the powers that be. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

9 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

The complaints I've seen here - valid ones, I might add - are that on occasion the previous tv game runs longer than expected or goes into OT and CBS Sports sticks with that one rather than go right to the scheduled MW game.  Whereas ESPN can shuffle their contests to ESPN2/U/News, CBS Sports does not have that option.  So you could miss a bit of the action.

CBSSports also dictates longer TV timeouts, which is a big reason why their games run long. That is the biggest downside in my opinion. But they do stream the beginning of a game online when the game ahead runs over, so it's manageable.

9 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

CBSSports also dictates longer TV timeouts, which is a big reason why their games run long. That is the biggest downside in my opinion. But they do stream the beginning of a game online when the game ahead runs over, so it's manageable.

CBS Sports has gotten better lately quality/production wise, I have noticed longer timeouts though but didn't place it.  Good catch.