Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Merry Christmas

This is only the beginning people. Soon Trump will be taking on lot flow faucets and he will win. The situations we've got in the bathrooms don't stand a chance with this family running the show.

Any group that advocates death to those who fail to convert, can go feck off.

Have a Merry Fecking Christmas

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I must have missed the memo that forbade "Merry Christmas".  I never stopped using it.

Take the victory lap, I guess?

Apparently people were embarrassed to say it before Jan 2017.  I never ran into any of those people, but surely they must be out there.  Probably causing trouble in the most dangerous cities in the country which happen to be on the border...

Image result for Merry Christmas neon sign.gif 

and Happy New Year! B)

I have a neighbor who works at Stater Bros. Market (a chain here in SoCal), and she told me that they are told to only say Merry Christmas if the customer say's it to them first. Otherwise, they're told to say Happy Holidays. She agrees with me that it's BS, but she's a few years away from retirement and goes along to get along.

35 minutes ago, Bob said:

A fair housing journal I read strongly discourages saying the words "Merry Christmas" to tenants. Happy Holidays it is 

So it did not say you can't?  Did it mention a qualifier, such as "there are tenants who practice various religions, so it may be easier to give a Happy Holidays."? 

I seriously have never had anyone get upset over a casual "Have a Merry Christmas", nor has anyone I know said they have experienced it.  Now, could it have happened if someone said it snarkily at a bunch of Orthodox Jews or Muslims or whoever else, and they were like "WTF?"  Sure,  I bet it has happened.   But only a dickhead would go out of their way to do that so it's just someone being rude.

This "Take back Christmas" rhetoric is just some odd non-issue.  Say it if you want, and be merry. 

14 minutes ago, Bob said:

There are plenty of people that see it as a separation of church and state issue and get offended. I know the author of this book and have discussed this issue with him:

517UP1ItNkL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Not nearly as many people as the ones who freak out over a Happy Holidays. Or no Merry Christmas on the Starbucks cup. The war on Christmas ended a long time ago the the pro-Christmas people(Most people) won.

3 hours ago, Bob said:

A fair housing journal I read strongly discourages saying the words "Merry Christmas" to tenants. Happy Holidays it is 

Bullshit.

And anyway, when the hell do you see or talk to your tenants? The only conversation I have with my many tenants, and fortunately it's very rarely, is: "your're late!"...humbug!

On 12/19/2019 at 6:25 PM, Bob said:

Do you get The Fair Housing Coach?

I have over 300 tenants. I see at least 5 -10 per day. And yes, it's usually not pleasant. The good ones are the ones you never see

Imagine Bob as a landlord...

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say