Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Douchebag wears his red political hat to the Army v Navy Game

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Strange classical liberal post against the first amendment at an event that glorifies the standing military. 

If I didn’t know any better I’d say you sound positively conservative.

The classical liberal libertarian in me will exercise my first amendment right to express that I never said he should be impeached, arrested, or gulaged for wearing that stupid +++++ing hat. Just that he should have the decency to recognize that event isn’t about him.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

12 hours ago, Uncle Juan said:

For what? Playing the stupid circle game? The stupid is strong in here today.

The game has to have someone on the other end of it. Are you saying that he was playing with the camera man?

Edit: I played the circle game my JR year in HS back in the 80's. I didn't even now that game was still played today, let alone by adults. Sometimes when someone wants to show you who they are you need to let them. At best he's very immature and at worst he's a racist. I'm sure they don't want him leading troops in either case.

People need to think before they act. Just like the teachers who dressed up as a border wall for Halloween, they probably weren't racist, but many people are going to immediately judge them as so.

Same with that new white power symbol, most people are probably just messing around, but they need to think first! Is it worth being investigated or mis-labeled racist for it? I guess it's possible they could be true white power 4chan followers too though...

Well, in any case, I believe at minimum the cadet who flashed the symbol is going to face some form of discipline regardless of his intent. I doubt the Army or Navy found this humorous.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, rudolro said:

The game has to have someone on the other end of it. Are you saying that he was playing with the camera man?

At best he's very immature and at worst he's a racist. I'm sure they don't want him leading troops in either case.

I'll address the "immature" part first. He's a kid in college, yes it's The US Military Academy but still college. Next, the circle game has evolved to the point that if you have the opportunity to to get a mass quantity of people you take it. A game on national TV is that opportunity. Quit looking for shit to be offended and outraged by, you'll be a happier person.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Juan said:

I'll address the "immature" part first. He's a kid in college, yes it's The US Military Academy but still college. Next, the circle game has evolved to the point that if you have the opportunity to to get a mass quantity of people you take it. A game on national TV is that opportunity. Quit looking for shit to be offended and outraged by, you'll be a happier person.

The academies hold their students at a higher standard then other Universities. These young men are our future leaders.  Cadets are removed for all types of behavior. I'm not advocating one way or the other if he stays or he's removed.  I'm sure the people in charge will make the right decision on his future.

BTW I'm neither outraged or offended. 

2 minutes ago, rudolro said:

The academies hold their students at a higher standard then other Universities. These young men are our future leaders.  Cadets are removed for all types of behavior. 

BTW I'm neither outraged or offended. 

What standard did he breech? Do you really believe he should receive Non Judicial Punishment and have his career ruined over a stupid game? You guys have been played. You’ve taken the bait hook, line, and sinker on this. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Juan said:

What standard did he breech? Do you really believe he should receive Non Judicial Punishment and have his career ruined over a stupid game? You guys have been played. You’ve taken the bait hook, line, and sinker on this. 

I think it’s a bit more complex as the signal has to some extent been co-opted by the White Power organization.   The ADL after some debate added it to its list of hate symbols.   However, it also is used as the circle game making it somewhat ambiguous.  

What was intended by the cadets is hard to say.   I certainly had no idea of the mixed messages previous to this point and they might not have either.   It’s probably good for all to know how this signal can be misconstrued.   Given the okay symbol is also a derogatory symbol in some other countries it might be useful to exercise caution when using it or avoid using it altogether.

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/okay-hand-gesture

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I think it’s a bit more complex as the signal has to some extent been co-opted by the White Power organization.   The ADL after some debate added it to its list of hate symbols.   However, it also is used as the circle game making it somewhat ambiguous.  

What was intended by the cadets is hard to say.   I certainly had no idea of the mixed messages previous to this point and they might not have either.   It’s probably good for all to know how this signal can be misconstrued.   Given the okay symbol is also a derogatory symbol in some other countries it might be useful to exercise caution when using it or avoid using it altogether.

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/okay-hand-gesture

It’s not complex at all. A few idiots trolled the left about this and now every SJW loses their shit over it. You’ve allowed a few phucktards the satisfaction of hijacking an innocuous symbol. They played you and everyone else. Now people get labeled as being Nazis for playing a dumb game. 

2 hours ago, rudolro said:

Edit: I played the circle game my JR year in HS back in the 80's. I didn't even now that game was still played today, let alone by adults. Sometimes when someone wants to show you who they are you need to let them. At best he's very immature and at worst he's a racist. I'm sure they don't want him leading troops in either case.

You're the person at the other end, the viewer of the image. If white supremacists have co opted this it's the first I've heard of it.

11 minutes ago, Uncle Juan said:

It’s not complex at all. A few idiots trolled the left about this and now every SJW loses their shit over it. You’ve allowed a few phucktards the satisfaction of hijacking an innocuous symbol. They played you and everyone else. Now people get labeled as being Nazis for playing a dumb game. 

Did you even read the link I posted?

I won’t say I was triggered because I didn’t even know the various meanings prior to this thread.   But when the ADM and Southern Poverty Center categorize it was for reasons beyond idiots on 4 Chan. Not to mention the signal already has mixed meanings across cultures.  Personally the cadets may have been as uninformed as I.   But it’s useful for everyone to be aware of the mixed messages.

11 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Did you even read the link I posted?

I won’t say I was triggered because I didn’t even know the various meanings prior to this thread.   But when the ADM and Southern Poverty Center categorize it was for reasons beyond idiots on 4 Chan. Not to mention the signal already has mixed meanings across cultures.  Personally the cadets may have been as uninformed as I.   But it’s useful for everyone to be aware of the mixed messages.

I’ve read the ADL’s reasoning in other articles. They put the symbol on the list to err on the side of caution. They go into the history of the 4chan troll. I still believe this was a knee jerk reaction on the ADL’s part. As for SPLC, they have zero credibility.  

Using the argument that the symbol is objectionable in other countries is also stupid. Who cares? The cadets weren’t in Kuwait doing it. This crap is getting blown way out of proportion because a few knuckle draggers on a website where no self respecting human being goes successfully trolled another group of gullible idiots.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Juan said:

I’ve read the ADL’s reasoning in other articles. They put the symbol on the list to err on the side of caution. They go into the history of the 4chan troll. I still believe this was a knee jerk reaction on the ADL’s part. As for SPLC, they have zero credibility.  

Using the argument that the symbol is objectionable in other countries is also stupid. Who cares? The cadets weren’t in Kuwait doing it. This crap is getting blown way out of proportion because a few knuckle draggers on a website where no self respecting human being goes successfully trolled another group of gullible idiots.

Did you see me calling for their removal??

no you did not.  I was trying to figure out what it meant.   I will say I have avoided the OK symbol ( except when scuba diving) because it is easily misconstrued.  My only point was it was probably wise to know it’s various meanings and avoid using it on globally televised events.

In Brazil, Germany, Russia, and many other countries around the world, the OK sign is a very offensive gesture because it is used to depict a private bodily orifice. The OK sign actually does mean "okay" in the United States, however in Japan it means "money," and it is commonly used to signify "zero" in France.

10 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Did you see me calling for their removal??

no you did not.  I was trying to figure out what it meant.   I will say I have avoided the OK symbol ( except when scuba diving) because it is easily misconstrued.  My only point was it was probably wise to know it’s various meanings and avoid using it on globally televised events.

In Brazil, Germany, Russia, and many other countries around the world, the OK sign is a very offensive gesture because it is used to depict a private bodily orifice. The OK sign actually does mean "okay" in the United States, however in Japan it means "money," and it is commonly used to signify "zero" in France.

Again, why should anyone care what it means in other countries if they aren’t in those countries? I doubt there were huge numbers of non Americans watching the Army Navy game. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Juan said:

That's what needs to be found out. Is it bad look?  

If there wasn't so much race baiting going on it probably wouldn't be an issue. 

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-sz-001&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=sz&p=sjw+meaning#id=51&vid=dd12ac1f6596e7b332e34e9a9d035184&action=click

That said, to return to the original post on this thread, so what if Trump had a 1st Amendment right to wear that cap? When was the last time someone here saw our President show up at a national even flashing a political message when he's there to represent the COUNTRY? Smh at what an assclown he continues to be.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, Uncle Juan said:

Maybe I'm too old because I don't know what the "circle game" is but I'm starting to think that anyone dumb enough to play it, probably deserves whatever label comes their way.

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Maybe I'm too old because I don't know what the "circle game" is but I'm starting to think that anyone dumb enough to play it, probably deserves whatever label comes their way.

I'm older than you I think. Anyway you put an upside down okay symbol it has to be blow the waist. If the person you're doing it to sees it and doesn't get to their ear before you, you get to punch them. If your close enough to them and they put their finger in you hole (I know) they get to punch you.

That's why I said I didn't even know this dumb game existed after the 80's . We played my jr year.

As a catcher in HS I had a captive audience until out coach caught wind of me playing during the game when our whole infield went for their ears. Needless to say I had Saturday track practice and never played again