Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

CCCAA Championship

There's some good players here waiting to transfer. The game will be streamed live on YouTube.

https://www.cccaasports.org/sports/fball/2019-20/files/2019_FB_State_Preview?fbclid=IwAR24oiC-6T9IbLoTC4IrlcYpoG3Tpc-FFTAbwH_-dUx7RQTZkb6XmvPNR1o

CCCAA CHAMPIONSHIP - Saturday, Dec. 14 1 p.m.
College of San Mateo (12-0) vs Riverside City College (12-0)

Image result for College of San Mateo Bulldogs vs Riverside City College Tigers logoNo. 1 meets No. 2 as unbeatens Riverside City and College of San Mateo meet for CCCAA Football Championshipimage.png.e53777873df74081ff08e8587fd6819f.png

7 hours ago, crixus said:

There's some good players here waiting to transfer.

From 247...

San Mateo:

Alton Julian - Oregon State CB commit

Bennett Williams - Oregon S commit

Terrell Carter - Undecided WR (UNLV offer)

Toa Lafeta - Southern Miss OT commit

Joseph Paulo - Undecided (2021 Fresno offer) 

Riverside:

Mitchel Agude - UCLA DE commit

Tanarious Achan - ULL WR commit

Tyler Kennedy - Southern Miss WR commit

11 hours ago, crixus said:

There's some good players here waiting to transfer. The game will be streamed live on YouTube.

https://www.cccaasports.org/sports/fball/2019-20/files/2019_FB_State_Preview?fbclid=IwAR24oiC-6T9IbLoTC4IrlcYpoG3Tpc-FFTAbwH_-dUx7RQTZkb6XmvPNR1o

CCCAA CHAMPIONSHIP - Saturday, Dec. 14 1 p.m.
College of San Mateo (12-0) vs Riverside City College (12-0)

Image result for College of San Mateo Bulldogs vs Riverside City College Tigers logoNo. 1 meets No. 2 as unbeatens Riverside City and College of San Mateo meet for CCCAA Football Championshipimage.png.e53777873df74081ff08e8587fd6819f.png

Are the California teams eligible for the National title or do they just do a state title?

2 hours ago, rebelcuff said:

Are the California teams eligible for the National title or do they just do a state title?

These sports publications J.C. Grid-Wire, USA Today, and the National Community College Football Coaches Alliance name a national champion. I transferred to SJSU from Palomar College (San Diego County) and the Comets were named National Champions in 1998. And Massey has a national ranking. I got the info below from CCCAA site. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO. 1 VS. NO. 2 FOR “NATIONAL” TITLE 
The respected Massey computer rankings have the two teams nearly even. Massey currently favors its “new” No. 1, Riverside, to win by a point, 28-27. San Mateo was ranked No. 1 and Riverside No. 2 among all 125 JC/CC teams in the USA throughout most of November. The region finals, however, found the two switching positions, separated by just one collegiate rating point – heading into the state title game. The No. 3 team nationally, NJCAA champion Mississippi Gulf Coast (now 12-0), is 56 points back, followed by No. 4 Modesto JC (9-3) and No. 5 American River (8-3). Two of Modesto’s losses were to San Mateo, which also defeated American River.

Terrell Carter, wide receiver for San Mateo, was a quarterback at SJSU until recently. A lot of people saw him as the future of the program. When he transferred he thanked “the university of San Jose” in a tweet.

2 hours ago, Fowl said:

Riverside is coached by former SDSU HC and OC Tom Craft

Craft also coached at Palomar College in San Marcos and won a National Championship there. I don't know how the Juco coaching pay system works, I guess Riverside City College offered him more money? :shrug:

4 hours ago, crixus said:

Craft also coached at Palomar College in San Marcos and won a National Championship there. I don't know how the Juco coaching pay system works, I guess Riverside City College offered him more money? :shrug:

He went from OC at SDSU to HC at Palomar to hc at SDSU to hc at Riverside.  It may have been the biggest mistake ever made in a head coaching change by SDSU when we hired Craft, even after he originally turned it down to then take it.  It was small time and we suffered for eight years after that. 

15 hours ago, Fowl said:

He went from OC at SDSU to HC at Palomar to hc at SDSU to hc at Riverside.  It may have been the biggest mistake ever made in a head coaching change by SDSU when we hired Craft, even after he originally turned it down to then take it.  It was small time and we suffered for eight years after that. 

Thanks for the info., I guess some coaches are meant to stay at the Juco level. The CCCAA Championship game just started, here's the link. Go Tigers! :cheer: SoCal rocks! 

21 hours ago, crixus said:

He left Paloma and became the OC on Ted Tollner’s staff at SDSU. From there he became the head coach replacing Tollner. Then he returned to the JC ranks. Riverside did not poach Craft from Palomar.

RCC 31 CSM 14 was the final score. Tigers are State Champs and probably National Champs when the final Massey rankings and sports publications #'s are released. I wish the CCCAA champs and NJCAA champs played each other to declare a National Champion on the field instead of on paper.

Riverside City wins its first CCCAA Football Championship with 31-14 win over College of San Mateo

22 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Terrell Carter, wide receiver for San Mateo, was a quarterback at SJSU until recently. A lot of people saw him as the future of the program. When he transferred he thanked “the university of San Jose” in a tweet.

Nice. I've seen a couple kids who have received BSU offers recently state on twitter "blessed to receive an offer from the University of Bosie State"....not all our recruits have Ivy League offers.

On 12/13/2019 at 5:30 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Well it is the only university within the city limits. :D

On 12/13/2019 at 3:54 PM, rebelcuff said:

Supposedly the next season of last chance u is going to be in California.

Laney College - who's more of a typical junior college than one that recruits the highest end players.

Spoiler

They went 6-5 and only had one division one caliber player, Rejzohn Wright - who's likely headed to Colorado as a CB.

On 12/14/2019 at 4:27 PM, KingBronco said:

Nice. I've seen a couple kids who have received BSU offers recently state on twitter "blessed to receive an offer from the University of Bosie State"....not all our recruits have Ivy League offers.

Blessed to be apart of the program.

These are my favorite. Getting a scholarship to play football at an institution with high academic standards, but not able to compose a simple sentence correctly.