Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV HC Arroyo era has begun

22 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

I would expect to see a DC to be named next and that is a very very important hire. I expect to see CA land another stud like Dunn and that is critical especially since we’ve sucked so bad for so long on defense. These 3 guys will hire the remaining  staff and all have a vested interest based on those decisions. 

So far 2 highly sought after and respected P5 coaches and  from 2 different areas of the country which won’t hurt recruiting either.

Speculation is that the DC will be Joe Bob Clements from Oklahoma State. He was makings 425k as D-Line coach. 

Looks like UNLV isn’t messing around when it comes to paying staff. 

On 12/23/2019 at 6:49 AM, ph90702 said:

The new strength and conditioning coach at UNLV looks nuts.  And I love it!

1ABA5F06-BA13-4ED3-BA1F-872A38E9551E.jpeg

That's how the majority of the new S&C look and the media says how they are all "crazy!". Get ready for the sunshine articles to come out stating how great of a S&C coach he is he and how the players are getting their butts kicked by him and they are crushing their off-season workouts.  Happens for every team when there is a coaching change and it is often a load of BS. 

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

That's how the majority of the new S&C look and the media says how they are all "crazy!". Get ready for the sunshine articles to come out stating how great of a S&C coach he is he and how the players are getting their butts kicked by him and they are crushing their off-season workouts.  Happens for every team when there is a coaching change and it is often a load of BS. 

Tell that to Scott Cochran or Barrett Jones.

After the first of the year changes will start flying fast and furious. Staff hiring, the upcoming signing period and recruiting of the existing team. I was driving by the stadium and pictures do not do it justice. Wow, just WOW. Leading up to that I can see an electric year or two with curious area residents. Once those eyes are on the field they will need to see an exciting fun product to bring them back. New state of the art practice facility and stadium, new motivated coach and staff. Everything is aligned. 

52 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

After the first of the year changes will start flying fast and furious. Staff hiring, the upcoming signing period and recruiting of the existing team. I was driving by the stadium and pictures do not do it justice. Wow, just WOW. Leading up to that I can see an electric year or two with curious area residents. Once those eyes are on the field they will need to see an exciting fun product to bring them back. New state of the art practice facility and stadium, new motivated coach and staff. Everything is aligned. 

Lets hope so. There really are no more excuses moving forward as to why this program cant complete in the MWC.

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

That stadium is so gorgeous. It’s coming along nicely..

6 hours ago, Gator 82 said:

Lets hope so. There really are no more excuses moving forward as to why this program cant complete in the MWC.

I’m with you on that brother. We are all hoping. In the past 35 years this football program has only existed as an afterthought. We’ve all see the University Administration commit the very minimum towards its survival. Not only have all of the excuses been eliminated but we are moving forward with tools that we would have never imagined just 3 years ago.

A big thank you to coach Tony Sanchez for leaving us with this great opportunity. A big well done to the current administration for doing a good job.

Yes they have deserved to be called out in the past and they also deserve respect for putting us in a position to change the future of UNLV. It may not have been what some people wanted but it is still an outstanding job well done. Now get us the funding to bring in quality assistants.

On 12/29/2019 at 10:34 AM, Wyobraska said:

Kinda depends..sometimes a new coaching staff comes in and the culture change is so drastic you can't help but notice. I'm sure @mugtang can confirm but when Muss took over for Carter there was a pretty shocking change in team conditioning and culture.. The kind of change that gives you a special feeling that this guy really does know what he's doing and isn't JAG.

Can only hope Arroyo is that type of guy for UNLV, and if he is.....he will definitely not last long here until he's poached.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Kinda depends..sometimes a new coaching staff comes in and the culture change is so drastic you can't help but notice. I'm sure @mugtang can confirm but when Muss took over for Carter there was a pretty shocking change in team conditioning and culture.. The kind of change that gives you a special feeling that this guy really does know what he's doing and isn't JAG.

Can only hope Arroyo is that type of guy for UNLV, and if he is.....he will definitely not last long here until he's poached.

There definitely was.  I wouldn’t expect much in yeah one though.  It’s not like basketball rebuilds where you just need 1 or 2 guys to take over.   You’ll know if he’s the right guy the last couple of games next season, based on team improvement. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater