Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV HC Arroyo era has begun

On 12/12/2019 at 6:17 PM, SPARTOM said:

He quarterbacked the Spartans to victory over Stanford, so I will wish him good luck except when he plays the Spartans!

I remember that game. And then he was on our coaching staff under Tomey. I wish Arroyo good luck at UNLV too. :cheers:

24 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Well, Arroyo's getting on it. This kid also has an offer from Boise, was Idaho Gatorade player of the year. Might be kind of fun to steal an occasional recruit from Boise, what do ya think, @BSUTOP25?

That kid is going to be a super star. Boise probably won’t get him and I doubt any other MWC school would either. I think he’s going to a USC or Oklahoma caliber P5.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Watched Arroyo’s segment on Reb Zone. I like his quiet confidence. He talked about how he is in no rush to put together his staff because he wants to get the right people. Some of that is probably because a bunch of those people are still playing.

2 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Watched Arroyo’s segment on Reb Zone. I like his quiet confidence. He talked about how he is in no rush to put together his staff because he wants to get the right people. Some of that is probably because a bunch of those people are still playing.

Still coaching hopefully. :D

On 12/15/2019 at 6:41 PM, BSUTOP25 said:

That kid is going to be a super star. Boise probably won’t get him and I doubt any other MWC school would either. I think he’s going to a USC or Oklahoma caliber P5.

Zero stars next to his name.  Mainly D2 offers.

Arroyo either has been told to wait until bowl games are over or that he needs to weed through the applicants/interested coaches. Right now he said priority numero uno is recruiting current players and going through film for the commits. 

On 12/12/2019 at 9:38 PM, goboroot said:

Arroyo: “We are playing in that nice shiny stadium this year right?  Just checking.”

Landlord: “well kind of. Since you are just a tenant you can’t play your first two home games here. We will keep you posted on future games though.”

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

Landlord: “well kind of. Since you are just a tenant you can’t play your first two home games here. We will keep you posted on future games though.”

Just because the Raiders are trying to pull some shit, doesn't mean it will actually happen. Their reasoning for displacing UNLV isn't very sound. My theory is they just want the very first inaugural football game at the stadium to be a Raiders game. LVCA is the landlord to both the Raiders and UNLV, and I seriously doubt they give the Raiders their way on this.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

Raiders are tenants as well, they do not own the stadium.  The decision lies with the Stadium Authority, some UNLV and lifelong residents on the board. 

Don't think they would take kindly to a professional football team acting like they own the place. 

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

Just because the Raiders are trying to pull some shit, doesn't mean it will actually happen. Their reasoning for displacing UNLV isn't very sound. My theory is they just want the very first inaugural football game at the stadium to be a Raiders game. LVCA is the landlord to both the Raiders and UNLV, and I seriously doubt they give the Raiders their way on this.

It was the same way with SDSU, the Padres, and the Chargers.  Whatever the Chargers wanted, they got, irrespective of it hurt the Padres or Aztecs.  You are only beginning to see what is about to transpire and the stadium isn't even built yet.

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

It was the same way with SDSU, the Padres, and the Chargers.  Whatever the Chargers wanted, they got, irrespective of it hurt the Padres or Aztecs.  You are only beginning to see what is about to transpire and the stadium isn't even built yet.

Well it is a little farther along than not built yet.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/stadium/2b-las-vegas-stadium-awaits-raiders-after-final-game-in-oakland-1916179/

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

Even watching it being built it is still somewhat surrealistic. In less than eight months this thing will be ready to roll and it is going to be one hell of an exciting time in Las Vegas.

It looks prettier every week when I go by there, especially coming from the south. It fits right in Vegas, for sure.