Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

sounds like its gaining momentum ...

4 minutes ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

I agree but I’ve been a WAC/MWC fan long enough to realize they will find a way to screw us if they can. 

If they do indeed have a auto G5, the committee will indeed have to start giving G5 teams more respect when they put together rankings 

But idk man we will see what happens. Im interested to see how this all unfolds 

Related image

10 minutes ago, trvitmvnz said:

BYU imo would rejoin the MWC is this passes. And so no one complains I would like to see FBS vs FBS OOS only

If I had to guess they probably rather join the AAC as a football only member. 

3 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

2019:

#1 LSU vs. #8 Memphis

#4 Oklahoma vs. #5 Georgia

-----

#2 Ohio State vs. #7 Baylor

#3 Clemson vs. #6 Oregon

Just add the Vegas Bowl to the NY6 line up and keep rotating unless they keep it like it is now and bid out the championship game 

Related image

12 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

That’s the best the G5 conferences could ever hope for. Love it. However, somehow I get the feeling it will go like this:

5 P5 Conference Champions

3 At Large 

I would be down with this as well. The criteria for G5 would be they have to go undefeated for an At Large 

Related image

Guest #1Stunner
15 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

That’s the best the G5 conferences could ever hope for. Love it. However, somehow I get the feeling it will go like this:

5 P5 Conference Champions

3 At Large 

I think you are right. 

They are not going to throw the G5 a bone. and do this 5 P5 Champs / 1 G5 / 2 At Large deal

What if the top ranked G5 school in a given year is ranked 21 in the polls?  The P5 would freak out that the system isn't fair.

Plus, look at the current rankings for this season, and think how mad people would be if they did the 5 P5 Champs / 1 G5 / 2 At Large deal.  It would look like this (is that fair??)

1---LSU (SEC)

2---Ohio State (B1G)

3---Clemson (ACC)

4---Oklahoma (BIG 12)

5----Georgia (At Large)

6---Oregon  (PAC12)

7---Baylor (At Large)

8---Wisconsin

9---Florida

10---Penn State

11---Utah

12---Auburn

13---Alabama

14---Michigan

15---Notre Dame

16---Iowa

17---Memphis (G5)

18---Minnesota

19---Boise State

5 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I think you are right. 

They are not going to throw the G5 a bone. and do this 5 P5 Champs / 1 G5 / 2 At Large deal

What if the top ranked G5 school in a given year is ranked 21 in the polls?  The P5 would freak out that the system isn't fair.

Plus, look at the current rankings for this season, and think how mad people would be if they did the 5 P5 Champs / 1 G5 / 2 At Large deal.  It would look like this (is that fair??)

1---LSU (SEC)

2---Ohio State (B1G)

3---Clemson (ACC)

4---Oklahoma (BIG 12)

5----Georgia (At Large)

6---Oregon  (PAC12)

7---Baylor (At Large)

8---Wisconsin

9---Florida

10---Penn State

11---Utah

12---Auburn

13---Alabama

14---Michigan

15---Notre Dame

16---Iowa

17---Memphis (G5)

18---Minnesota

19---Boise State

Heck of a point, stunner.

5 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I think you are right. 

1---LSU (SEC)

2---Ohio State (B1G)

3---Clemson (ACC)

4---Oklahoma (BIG 12)

5----Georgia (At Large)

6---Oregon  (PAC12)

7---Baylor (At Large)

8---Wisconsin

9---Florida

10---Penn State

11---Utah

12---Auburn

13---Alabama

14---Michigan

15---Notre Dame

16---Iowa

17---Memphis (G5)

18---Minnesota

19---Boise State

Only reason they might throw the G5 a bone is that if they give an auto is, they might not sue.  No idea what a lawsuit would look like, but I'm pretty sure that's why the NY6 bowl slot exists.  It is enough to keep the G5s happy.

Heres my final way how I would do it: 

8 team bracket

5 P5 Champs/3 At-Large

Computer polls determine again 

*G5 team will qualify and fill an At-Large spot with the old BCS Buster criteria (Finish in Top 12/Top 16 and higher than P5 Champ)

Use the alternating NY6 bowl to host it. 

Conference Championship games may have to change the way it selects teams so say we don't have an 7-5 Pitt matched up against a 12-0 Clemson

BOOM EVERYONE HAS A FAIR SHAKE!!

Related image

7 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

It's the best deal the G5 will get!  Fingers crossed this is exactly the model that gets adopted.  I want nothing to do with a 12-team pool that gives first round bye's to the Bama's, Clemson's and Ohio State's of college football.  And a 16-team playoff has little support.

With a top ranked G5 auto-bid it would be fun to pit the top 2 ranked G5 teams in a play in game.  Unless they come from the same conference most often the top 2 ranked G5 teams will have no 'like' opponents so once again we're back to the subjectivity of rankings or a committee.  Play in games are great for the fans and earning your spot in a playoff, but the season is long enough already to add a 14th game to the schedule before the playoffs even begin.

That’ll be a way for the P5’s to throw a bone and there won’t be any meat left on the bone. Conference champs should be all in- P5 and G5. If those slots can’t be filled then a coupe of at large. My thinking is that if you aren’t good enough to win your conference you cannot the best. None of this hogwash 2-3 teams from the same conference in the CFP. 

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

Only reason they might throw the G5 a bone is that if they give an auto is, they might not sue.  No idea what a lawsuit would look like, but I'm pretty sure that's why the NY6 bowl slot exists.  It is enough to keep the G5s happy.

This is exactly why we get a seat.  Actually need to make more noise.  Need some politicians to take this up.  

48 minutes ago, slappy said:

No reason to hamstring us.  Put the champ in.  Period.   Everyone wants to see it.  

Of course I would take that proposal from the tweet in a heartbeat but also I think the Old BCS system/polling with the 8 team format proposal is fair imo. Just like the old BCS, you go undefeated which is most of the time needed, you crash the party and play in one of the 4 Big Bowl games. Only this time you punch your ticket for a chance to compete for the TITLE 

So pretty much a phrase for all FBS programs:

350.png

Related image