10. Nevada 16,180

11. New Mexico 15,747

12. SJSU 15,396

Are those actual butts in seats ?

Or tickets distributed ?

15 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Or tickets distributed ?

I don't know, ask Wicker about his ticket counting policies as SDSU is the worst offender out there. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

1. Boise State 33.488

2. Fresno State 31,552

3. SDSU 29,896

4. Air Force 27,084

5. Hawaii 23,689

6. Colorado State 23,338

7. Wyoming 23,007

8. UNLV 19,864

9. Utah State 19,609

10. Nevada 16,180

11. New Mexico 15,747

12. SJSU 15,396

Only 4 wins and CSU is in the top half.  

8 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

1. Boise State 33.488

2. Fresno State 31,552

3. SDSU 29,896

4. Air Force 27,084

5. Hawaii 23,689

6. Colorado State 23,338

7. Wyoming 23,007

8. UNLV 19,864

9. Utah State 19,609

10. Nevada 16,180

11. New Mexico 15,747

12. SJSU 15,396

Some Big Sky attendance numbers from some of the schools.   Doubtful it will ever change.

And people on here get mad at Hair for not promoting the conference and getting terrible bowl ties.   Well, they don't give Hair much to work with.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

Or tickets distributed ?

Those are not butts in the seats.

51 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Some Big Sky attendance numbers from some of the schools.   Doubtful it will ever change.

And people on here get mad at Hair for not promoting the conference and getting terrible bowl ties.   Well, they don't give Hair much to work with.

Even better, people say a good record against those schools is as deserving a chance in a playoff as SEC and BiG teams.  Still entertaining G5 football out west though, attendance and all.  

• Facepalm 1

Now go watch footage and tell me which stadiums were fairly full and which were ghost towns each week. CSU and AFA may appear in the top half of these raw numbers but, as usual, these don't tell the truth of which teams are more supported by their fans and community. Both of these stadiums were mostly empty all season. Are we really to believe that UNLV averaged a stadium 1/2 full over the course of the season? Did they even have a single game where 1/2 of the stadium was even full?

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

This is the order in terms of actual people in the stands based on me watching on TV:

1. Boise

2. Fresno

3. SDSU (it's so hard to tell with that giant stadium and the weird tarps. They definitely could be lower )

4. Wyoming

5. USU

6. Hawaii

7. AF

8. CSU

the rest is too pathetic to even waste time thinking about 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

There is no way in hell UNLV averaged 19k fans per game. 19k all season sounds more like it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Those are not butts in the seats.

Right.  Not a chance in the world those figures are accurate for CSU, SDSU, Fresno, SJSU, Wyoming, USU, UNM, UNLV, UH, ...

4 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Right.  Not a chance in the world those figures are accurate for CSU, SDSU, Fresno, SJSU, Wyoming, USU, UNM, UNLV, UH, ...

I guarantee those numbers are accurate for Wyoming. I have been going to games for a long time and this year was the best attended year we've had by far in my lifetime 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RamSack said:

Only 4 wins and CSU is in the top half.  

Really good.  Looks like there is quite a bit of interest in the new stadium.  4 wins isn’t bad either.  Things are looking up. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

I guarantee those numbers are accurate for Wyoming. I have been going to games for a long time and this year was the best attended year we've had by far in my lifetime 

Just a couple years ago it was proven that Wyo's announced is distributed.  The article was in I believe Casper's newspaper.  I also have seen first hand a discrepancy with BSU.  It is what it is.

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Just a couple years ago it was proven that Wyo's announced is distributed.  The article was in I believe Casper's newspaper.  I also have seen first hand a discrepancy with BSU.  It is what it is.

OK. I'm just saying that there was a shit load of fans at each game this year other than Nevada when there were winter storm warnings and the NWS did a great job of scaring everyone from traveling. 

Just now, Bob said:

OK. I'm just saying that there was a shit load of fans at each game this year other than Nevada when there were winter storm warnings and the NWS did a great job of scaring everyone from traveling. 

That's fair.  I watched some of a couple Wyo games in the early parts of the year and they looked decently filled, especially the student section.  I saw some highlights of some of the later games, and besides the CSU game, the attendance didn't necessarily match.  But it is hard to make some of those games, and in the end, the paid for ticket still helps the program.

SDSU was god awful this year.  No one was watching that offense.   I almost turned the TV off some of those games.  I probably cannot put up with another one of those seasons of offensive ineptitude.

Fresno's #s are tickets distributed, but i would only mark it down about 4-5k for BITS, if that.  Surprisingly good for a 4-win team.

10 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

That's fair.  I watched some of a couple Wyo games in the early parts of the year and they looked decently filled, especially the student section.  I saw some highlights of some of the later games, and besides the CSU game, the attendance didn't necessarily match.  But it is hard to make some of those games, and in the end, the paid for ticket still helps the program.

SDSU was god awful this year.  No one was watching that offense.   I almost turned the TV off some of those games.  I probably cannot put up with another one of those seasons of offensive ineptitude.

I disagree. I was at each game. The NV game was the only one where there was a big discrepancy. Attendance was 2nd highest ever (distributed) and it was certainly the most BITS that I've ever seen by far over a whole season. I think I've got a good bead on this based off the CCG in 2016 because distributed = BITS in those CCG games. And I base it off that crowd. 

It'll be much easier to judge SDSU if you guys get a new, smaller stadium.