Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits

Final 2019 Football attendance numbers

1. Boise State 33.488

2. Fresno State 31,552

3. SDSU 29,896

4. Air Force 27,084

5. Hawaii 23,689

6. Colorado State 23,338

7. Wyoming 23,007

8. UNLV 19,864

9. Utah State 19,609

10. Nevada 16,180

11. New Mexico 15,747

12. SJSU 15,396

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

Are those actual butts in seats ?

Or tickets distributed ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

15 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Are those actual butts in seats ?

Or tickets distributed ?

I don't know, ask Wicker about his ticket counting policies as SDSU is the worst offender out there. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

8 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

1. Boise State 33.488

2. Fresno State 31,552

3. SDSU 29,896

4. Air Force 27,084

5. Hawaii 23,689

6. Colorado State 23,338

7. Wyoming 23,007

8. UNLV 19,864

9. Utah State 19,609

10. Nevada 16,180

11. New Mexico 15,747

12. SJSU 15,396

Only 4 wins and CSU is in the top half.  

Guest #1Stunner
8 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

1. Boise State 33.488

2. Fresno State 31,552

3. SDSU 29,896

4. Air Force 27,084

5. Hawaii 23,689

6. Colorado State 23,338

7. Wyoming 23,007

8. UNLV 19,864

9. Utah State 19,609

10. Nevada 16,180

11. New Mexico 15,747

12. SJSU 15,396

Some Big Sky attendance numbers from some of the schools.   Doubtful it will ever change.

And people on here get mad at Hair for not promoting the conference and getting terrible bowl ties.   Well, they don't give Hair much to work with.

51 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Some Big Sky attendance numbers from some of the schools.   Doubtful it will ever change.

And people on here get mad at Hair for not promoting the conference and getting terrible bowl ties.   Well, they don't give Hair much to work with.

Even better, people say a good record against those schools is as deserving a chance in a playoff as SEC and BiG teams.  Still entertaining G5 football out west though, attendance and all.  

Now go watch footage and tell me which stadiums were fairly full and which were ghost towns each week. CSU and AFA may appear in the top half of these raw numbers but, as usual, these don't tell the truth of which teams are more supported by their fans and community. Both of these stadiums were mostly empty all season. Are we really to believe that UNLV averaged a stadium 1/2 full over the course of the season? Did they even have a single game where 1/2 of the stadium was even full?

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

I guarantee those numbers are accurate for Wyoming. I have been going to games for a long time and this year was the best attended year we've had by far in my lifetime 

Just a couple years ago it was proven that Wyo's announced is distributed.  The article was in I believe Casper's newspaper.  I also have seen first hand a discrepancy with BSU.  It is what it is.

Just now, Bob said:

OK. I'm just saying that there was a shit load of fans at each game this year other than Nevada when there were winter storm warnings and the NWS did a great job of scaring everyone from traveling. 

That's fair.  I watched some of a couple Wyo games in the early parts of the year and they looked decently filled, especially the student section.  I saw some highlights of some of the later games, and besides the CSU game, the attendance didn't necessarily match.  But it is hard to make some of those games, and in the end, the paid for ticket still helps the program.

SDSU was god awful this year.  No one was watching that offense.   I almost turned the TV off some of those games.  I probably cannot put up with another one of those seasons of offensive ineptitude.

Just now, Bob said:

I disagree. I was at each game. The NV game was the only one where there was a big discrepancy. Attendance was 2nd highest ever (distributed) and it was certainly the most BITS that I've ever seen by far over a whole season. 

It'll be much easier to judge SDSU if you guys get a new, smaller stadium. 

Wasn't hard to judge this season.  Season ticket holders were like "Phuck this" midway through. 

2 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Fresno's #s are tickets distributed, but i would only mark it down about 4-5k for BITS, if that.  Surprisingly good for a 4-win team.

I was surprised a bit by the halfway decent late season attendance.  I remember some absolutely empty stadiums in Hill's last year and the bad Deruyter years.  

Just now, Bulldog Rob said:

I was surprised a bit by the halfway decent late season attendance.  I remember some absolutely empty stadiums in Hill's last year and the bad Deruyter years.  

it helped that every game was a nailbiter i guess.  Easier than getting blown out. 

• The Big Ten Conference posted its lowest average attendance in 25 years (65,376) last season. And it’s forecast to break that record-low again this season.

• The Pac-12 suffered the biggest attendance decline in the upper echelon of major college football in 2018, drawing nearly 250,000 fewer fans to its stadiums than it did just one year earlier.

• Even the football-crazy SEC was down more than 100,000 in total attendance in that same period. It marked the third straight season of declining attendance for the conference that markets itself with the slogan, “It Just Means More."

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/2019/12/canzano-college-footballs-troubles-will-be-punctuated-with-more-empty-seats-in-pac-12-title-game.html