Del Scorcho

cord cutting: AT&T (formerly DirectTV) Now might shut down ....

As a VUE customer for the past 2 years, I will probably switch to YouTube TV as they currently carry the sport channels that MW teams are on. I hope the MW TV deal is announced soon as that will dictate which OTT platform I ultimately switch to and use.  The only problem with YouTube is it doesn't have the Hallmark channel, which the wife loves especially during the holidays.

Have Sling TV with the ESPN channels so I can watch my Buffs play.

Just wish the MW would announce their new media rights already.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

Have Sling TV with the ESPN channels so I can watch my Buffs play.

Just wish the MW would announce their new media rights already.

The big issue with Sling Orange (ESPN channels) is you can only have 1 stream at a time.  
The Blue package allows 3 streams at a time.

16 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

The big issue with Sling Orange (ESPN channels) is you can only have 1 stream at a time.  
The Blue package allows 3 streams at a time.

Don't have a problem with that since my wife doesn't use Sling and I'm not the multitasking type. B)

So I tried to try Vidgo and lo and behold it is not available in my area. So I tried out Fubo's free trial and it is not bad. Good picture quality and if you have 4K capacity you can watch games on that format. Just no disney channels (ABC, ESPNs,...) 

So to save some money I looked around and found Sling is offering $5 for a one month orange/blue or $20 for one month for both. The deadline for this deal is Feb 11th. The deal is for the 5 year anniversary that Sling TV was launched.

2 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

So I tried to try Vidgo and lo and behold it is not available in my area. So I tried out Fubo's free trial and it is not bad. Good picture quality and if you have 4K capacity you can watch games on that format. Just no disney channels (ABC, ESPNs,...) 

So to save some money I looked around and found Sling is offering $5 for a one month orange/blue or $20 for one month for both. The deadline for this deal is Feb 11th. The deal is for the 5 year anniversary that Sling TV was launched.

I tried Fubo, but no ESPN is funny. Tried Hulu (where do they get these names?) but is doesn’t have the PAC12 Network like Fubo. Fubo said they are going to add ESPN which would raise the price but they’d have most everything. With Hulu, for $11 more you get rid of the ads. That’s a must for recording games and being able to skip commercials. 

• Like 1

Just ditched direct and did orange+blue sling and sports package.  $65/month.  Almost half of my direct tv bill with a better sports package.  So far pretty happy with the change.  Working on binding lines to increase my internet speed.

I have OTA with a Channel Master DVR+ and 2TB external hard drive, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ (free with Verizon, but haven't watched anything yet).

In the fall I subscribe to YouTube TV, then cancel when CFB over.

9 hours ago, Chile_Ute said:

Just ditched direct and did orange+blue sling and sports package.  $65/month.  Almost half of my direct tv bill with a better sports package.  So far pretty happy with the change.  Working on binding lines to increase my internet speed.

Sling now has a $60 package that gives you Orange & blue plus all the extras. Like 109 channels or more. You might want to look into it.

Check on it in 3 days after this deal is over.

I guess it depends where you live, I live between Reno and Carson City and can get pretty much what I choose. When I go on vacation to Plumas Pines golf resort, close to Graeagle Ca , I think those folks get Direct TV as far as subscription service or nothing, maybe the internet stuff But I,m not sure

1 minute ago, westfan said:

I guess it depends where you live, I live between Reno and Carson City and can get pretty much what I choose. When I go on vacation to Plumas Pines golf resort, close to Graeagle Ca , I think those folks get Direct TV as far as subscription service or nothing, maybe the internet stuff But I,m not sure

I'm in northern NM and until recently I couldn't CBS on YouTube TV but now I do (when I had it). Now I have Sling TV and don't get FOX or NBC like others do who live in the market areas. 

5 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

I'm in northern NM and until recently I couldn't CBS on YouTube TV but now I do (when I had it). Now I have Sling TV and don't get FOX or NBC like others do who live in the market areas. 

Can you pick up over the air channels there to get Fox or NBC?

8 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Can you pick up over the air channels there to get Fox or NBC?

No, mountains are in the way of signal.

21 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

I have OTA with a Channel Master DVR+ and 2TB external hard drive, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ (free with Verizon, but haven't watched anything yet).

In the fall I subscribe to YouTube TV, then cancel when CFB over.

I Switched to Hulu Live, Netflix, Amazon Prime and the Disney+ bundle(I have a 7 year old daughter).  It has all the channels for the new MW TV contract.  It works really well, have better reception than Spectrum cable and half the price.

7 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

No, mountains are in the way of signal.

Move.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 1IvyDog said:

I Switched to Hulu Live, Netflix, Amazon Prime and the Disney+ bundle(I have a 7 year old daughter).  It has all the channels for the new MW TV contract.  It works really well, have better reception than Spectrum cable and half the price.

Same bundles here but I have 11 year old son who wants Star Wars and Marvel from Disney+.  Very happy with Hulu, as I forced to switch from Playstation Vue as it shut down.