Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Jordan Love to transfer?

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

I have less problems with the graduate transfer rule than the 4 game redshirt rule. That rule is ripe for abuse, a la Houston. If a player graduates after 3-4 years at one place, he should get to be a free agent.

I really don't see the Houston scenario happening a lot.  It doesn't make much sense for the kids really.  

So all those that saw the gloom and doom with him going to another school, were wrong, he was going to declare for the draft this was know at the first of the year. He will play his last game in the bowl. He has graduated so it is time for him to move on. Wish him well, he is a good young man.

Whether he was declaring for the draft or transferring it is funny to see the reaction from conference mates compared to USU fans. Not a single Aggie fan here or on USUFans is upset with either decision he would have made. We all considered him gone after this year anyway and are looking forward to the future. After this season and considering the rebuilding going on at nearly every offensive position around Love and with an entirely new offensive coaching staff it was just uncomfortable at best and downright ugly at worst to witness. I hope he shows what he can do in camps and at the combine and finds a great fit for himself in the NFL. That will do more for the MWC than anything he would do at USU next year.

This may be the deepest USU has ever been at QB and Colombi will have a battle on his hands to win the starting job next season.

9 hours ago, TrueAg said:

Whether he was declaring for the draft or transferring it is funny to see the reaction from conference mates compared to USU fans. Not a single Aggie fan here or on USUFans is upset with either decision he would have made. We all considered him gone after this year anyway and are looking forward to the future. After this season and considering the rebuilding going on at nearly every offensive position around Love and with an entirely new offensive coaching staff it was just uncomfortable at best and downright ugly at worst to witness. I hope he shows what he can do in camps and at the combine and finds a great fit for himself in the NFL. That will do more for the MWC than anything he would do at USU next year.

This may be the deepest USU has ever been at QB and Colombi will have a battle on his hands to win the starting job next season.

Here here. There also weren't endless threads on here about Love being so wonderful and going to the NFL last season or this season, unlike other fanbases with a certain other QB. *Pats collective USU fan base on shoulder* We are the best. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

16 minutes ago, Bob said:

So you are optimistic about what you have behind love at QB? 

The only thing I can say is I don't know. We haven't seen any of the backups play enough to express confidence or skepticism. It's a great unknown. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

21 minutes ago, Bob said:

I know Columbi sucks based off one and a half qtrs I saw him play. 

Not a big enough sample size, especially given the circumstances. For his career: 53/69 460 yds Passing 2 TDs 1/INT 140.0 QBR. 

He threw a total of six passes against Wyoming. You have to be some kind of prophet to form a strong opinion on a player based on six passes and fewer than 20 offensive plays under center. Either that or you're doing your typical "everything about USU sucks" thing. 

26 minutes ago, Bob said:

I just said you guys had good attendance! I really wanted to throw you in there with UNLV, NV, NM and SJSU but I didn't for I cannot tell a lie. Columbi looked immobile  and scared. 

I will say that Colombi did look like he was asked to be a game manager during his time in the Wyoming game but I have to wonder if that is just because the new coaching staff did not have enough confidence in him to do much else given their lack of experience with one another. He played in a lot of games last year where the staff was more familiar with him and he performed well. He also has 27 rushes for 139 yards (5.1/ypc) and 2 TDs so he's definitely not immobile. Those rushing stats include a number of kneel downs at the end of games as a backup too.

That said, he will still have to win the starting job. My guess is it will come down to Colombi and Cooper Legas who was the very first call Gary Andersen made when he was rehired. Legas accounted for 12,780 yards, 124 TD's, and won 2 state championships in his HS career. He redshirted this season.