Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

OK Fresno, who's your coach??

23 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

Hill hired the worst OC in Fresno State history, Dave Schramm. If that's indication of his ability to hire assistants, I'll take a hard pass.

Schramm came in with Deruyter and Hill never had the money for assistants.  

That said, I'll pass on Pat.  I love the guy, but he's better suited as a Fresno State cheerleader and broadcast guy.  

21 minutes ago, Bulldog Rob said:

Schramm came in with Deruyter and Hill never had the money for assistants.  

That said, I'll pass on Pat.  I love the guy, but he's better suited as a Fresno State cheerleader and broadcast guy.  

He was talking about Jay Hill

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

44 minutes ago, 1IvyDog said:

He was talking about Jay Hill

Isn't Schramm the OC at for Jay Hill at Weber St?

Edit: Verified that he is. https://weberstatesports.com/sports/football/coaches

24 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Isn't Schramm the OC at for Jay Hill at Weber St?

Edit: Verified that he is. https://weberstatesports.com/sports/football/coaches

Yes and Schramm was an absolute nightmare and clueless idiot. Derek Carr controlled the offense 90% of the time and would audible almost every call Scramm would give him. There were a few times on the sidelines Carr would walk over to him and say "what the phuck were you looking at?". Once Carr left, Schramm's true self came out and only berated and yelled at his players.  

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

24 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Yes and Schramm was an absolute nightmare and clueless idiot. Derek Carr controlled the offense 90% of the time and would audible almost every call Scramm would give him. There were a few times on the sidelines Carr would walk over to him and say "what the phuck were you looking at?". Once Carr left, Schramm's true self came out and only berated and yelled at his players.  

Yeah, it was pretty telling that Carr ran the offense...you can't challenge Mr Fresno State, lol.  Not enough clout for that.

4 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

You don't like smoke routes and WR screens every play?

On 12/9/2019 at 1:39 PM, NevadaFan said:

So let me get this straight. Baldwin leaves EWU to land a job half as good three years later? Something is not adding up with this situation. 

There’s this myth out there that great studly FCS school coaches can move up and do the same at G5 schools. But both jobs are so very different and hard to predict who might struggle with certain aspects of the G5 gig. And we certainly have examples of that with Bobby Hauck. And the same can apply to G5 coaches moving up to P5’s.

kat.jpg

On 12/9/2019 at 2:22 AM, Nevada Convert said:

I guess Hoke is the coach in waiting at SDSU. But I’d go with him. Maybe he’s afraid he’ll get shot with all the hardcore Mexican gangs there.

With all of the tweakers there his opportunity is higher to get shot by some toothless wonder.

Press Conference at 2:00pst, They will announce the hiring of Coach ............

- Pat Hill

4 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

Presser is actually at 4 PM.

DeBoer is the guy, confirmed from a source inside the University.

Thanks for the correction.

- Pat Hill

The DeBoer hire will pit Fresno up top in the West again. I really enjoy his offense. He did wonders with Indiana in his lone season. Imo he is the reason Tom Allen got an extension 

Related image